cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Violence in France

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Violence in France

Must admit, my interest in football is zero but I cannot understand the level of violence that is taking place both in and out of the stadium.

There was one report of someone seriously injured as a result of a axe. If someone has a knife or similar object then they have every intention of using it.

Easy to say it's just a handful of thugs but the numbers involved looks high based on tv footage.

Some young children appear to be attending the match or staying in the area with their parents, not a wise decision in my opinion.

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Violence in France

Ah yes!...." Ze Bootiful Game" ....   

I think not...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

By what I've heard the Russians started it. But apparently the English supporters were singing they were going to vote Brexit. That might annoy the French but shouldn't affect the Russians
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

My level of interest  in football is the same as @gleneagles', but it disgusts and sickens me when I see stuff like this. Not just the mindless violence but the shame and disgrace these people bring on their home country.

Community Veteran

Not sure if it would annoy the French, I suspect a number of them would be glad to see the back of us !

Whilst in the newsagents the other day I saw the front page of Private Eye which had the title , Britexit, followed by, ' we will soon be out of europe '

This was set against a background photograph of a plane in London with the English Team coming down the steps.

I found it funny, apologies to any English football fans.

Smiley

Community Veteran

@gleneagles - This one you mean Grin

Community Veteran

@Mook

Thanks,

If I wasn't so lazy I should have found it myself.

Anyway it's Sunday..... A day of rest.

Wink

Community Veteran

Funny I only did it as I have a subscription and it was sitting on my desk, mind you I did have to go to the other office to get the camera, but all is well as I had a lie down after I posted.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Violence in France? That's their problem, the drunken street fighting outside here the other night between a group of people, who have all the charm, skill and grace of diarrhoea, after a game is more of a problem...

It's amazing how a bunch of people kicking a ball round a field can cause so much violence...

Fixes: 123

Is it really the game that causes violence or just a bunch of people who go with the sole intention of kicking off (excuse the pun) no matter who is playing/winning?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I'm with @Mav on this one I do think it's violence for the sake of it.

Community Veteran

But what about the people who don't go to the matches and kick off in residential streets with fighting because they didn't get their way with how the results happened?

Community Veteran

Well that gIve you an insight into the type of being they are, I think it's called thug!

Community Veteran

If only there was a way to deal with them that made sure they never did it again...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

twocvbloke wrote:

If only there was a way to deal with them that made sure they never did it again...

There is... let them batter each other senseless and then they won't exist to be a problem. Simplez.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!