cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Video

Tell me? has the VIDEO Plus+ programme timer recoding method been discontinued?

Its yonks since I used this, but while wandering around the menus of my PVR I noticed it was usable, but my newspaper listings don't give the code numbers.

Or is it simply that I would need to buy a TV listings mag to get them?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

Re: Video

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@SpendLessTime

That's a good link.

I often wondered how video plus worked in respect of the numbers shown in the paper and that link clearly explains it.

SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

@gleneagles

Yes, me too although since the dawn of the age of HD recorder with onscreen guides I've not used Video Plus. Nor thought about it. Brought back the good old days seeing this thread.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

VideoPlus? Crikey I forgot it even existed! That takes me back... typing in all those long numbers, getting home only to find that it either started to early / late or chopped off the end... or worse (in the case of BBC2) the PDC signal was intermittent (turning on and off every 30 seconds) and leaving my recording with stops and starts all the way through Angry I was really looking forward to watching that programme about the chinook back in 96/97 and all i got was bits of it Roll eyes

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just made a quick trip to local newsagent for daily fix of lies, scandal and sanctimonious hypocrisy (I only buy it for the Questions and Answers column and the Garfield cartoons), and had a sneaky peek in the TV listings magazines, and can confirm that the three most popular (excluding the Radio Times) no longer include Video plus+ codes in their listings.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.