cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video pleasure

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Video pleasure

Got fed up watching rubbish on the box, so went for a hunt through our quite large DVD collection for something we haven't seen for a long time, and surfaced with a copy of "ABBA the definitive collection" back in the 70's and 80's I would half listen to ABBA tracks, and take little notice.
I have to admit to enjoying nearly every minute of the 2.5 hours of the DVD (there are a couple of tracks I still don't like)
Much of ABBA music was not repeatable live, as it was heavily doctored in the recording studio, but unusually for me I found I didn't mind.
So what is your fave' ABBA track? mine is "One of Us"
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Video pleasure

That is really nice - listening to it now on Spotify
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
That is really nice

Which? "One of Us" or the whole disk?

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
MommaCat
Grafter

I love Abba and even my (late) mother loved Abba.  How awful is that when your parent loves the same music as you?!  Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

One of us - there are only 6 tracks from that album on Spotify
Community Veteran

Out of the same dusty corner I found a Carpenters greatest hits DVD, guess what we'll be watching tomorrow evening?
Such a sad loss to easy listening was the death of Karen Carpenter, in their hey-day, a musical magazine calculated that at one time 40% of the American male population was secretly in love with her.

Community Veteran

Quote from: MommaCat
How awful is that when your parent loves the same music as you?!  Huh

I don't think it's awful, I think it is good.
I have tried to encourage my kids to listen to a wide selection of music as they were growing up. Naturally that included a lot of the music I like and grew up with. I am pleased that they appreciate all types of music including some of my tastes as well as their own. I think I have done a good job with them on the music front, my guess is your parents did the same.

Have you used Spotify yet?
Community Veteran

Ah The Carpenters!!  The best duo of all time and as you say Petlew a sad loss at such a young age.  Back home I have a video and lots of audio of this group.  This afternoon I've been sitting on the beach listening to Barbra Streisand - another favourite of mine Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Indeed artmo, I have an LP of hers called "Classical Barbra" beautiful, she can sing this girl.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

hve you lot been missing out with BBC 4?  lots of Legends progs on lately, some unfortunatley rubbish, but Abba and the Carpenters have been featured.
Plus the is the BBC 4 Sessions progs, some times repeated on BBC1 or 2,  mostly recorded in the last five years although the next two ug  Duffy and Amy Whine
N/A

Just listening to the OPs Abba song now on Spotify and enjoying - added it to playlist.
Also made a Barbara Dickson folder. I have always been a fan of hers - lovely voice.
Yesterday made a 60s folder - only got a few in it as yet - Del Shannon's 'Runaway' being one of them.
More suggestions welcome.
Fixes: 47

Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

pierre, yes those BBC4 Sessions are a mixed bag, some good some not, but they are live which is the main thing. Also, the Abbey Road recordings shown on C4/More4 are good too.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Tyreal74
Grafter

unfortunately i mistook the topic title on this one  Crazy
i recently dug out my Pitchshifter Live dvd and Metallica live...i forgot how good these were to listen to (epsecially as i couldnt actually watch them due to surgery)
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
Indeed artmo, I have an LP of hers called "Classical Barbra" beautiful, she can sing this girl.
javascript:void(0);
I've seen Streisand twice.  The first time was when she appeared in 'Funny Girl' in London.  Then saw her in concert at Wembley. Both memorable performances  Smiley Smiley Smiley