cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Forum

Fixes: 47

Video Forum

Assuming you had a working webcam would you still post if the forum became a live video forum (no audio).
Personally I would have to think twice on occasions.
Edit: Fixed title Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Vidoe Forum

So, how would it work.... would you have to write out your posts on a sheet of A4 and hold them up to the camera  ?  Roll eyes
Devonian
Grafter

I'm not sure how that would work?
If there's no audio, what's the point of the video?
It wouldn't be any different to a profile picture of yourself would it?
Fixes: 121

If it meant having my ugly mug sprawled all over the form, no thanks Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

@Devonian A picture is still...a video is moving. Wink
Your avatar would become a live video link.
Seriously though having a discussion via text only, limits the meaning of the post to the reader's interpretation of the text.
Video would add another dimension to enhance the message and help to reduce misinterpretation and argument.
Adding sound would confuse things with background noise and other posters having a say.
@shutter well you wouldn't have to take a photo of your phone socket wiring, just point the webcam at it.
@Mav I can't say that as my ugly mug is on the left for all to see.
On a personal note it would make moderating somewhat more of a challenge Lips are sealed
Devonian
Grafter

Ahh I understand now.
Well, I would say 95% of my posts.. and real life conversations are tongue in cheek, so it would probably keep me out of hot water Wink
RichAllen
Grafter

I wouldn't use it, a few years ago a bunch of idiots filmed me attempting to do push ups and sit ups (which due to disability and lack of fitness I can't do) and posted it on Youtube with VERY offensive comments.
Since then I don't advertise my own Youtube channel ANYWHERE, the video quality on my videos is rubbish anyway because they're recorded on my phone from my Xbox.

Fixes: 121

I don't even like using the webcam when chatting with SWMBO when she's with her family and I'm still in UK. Even though she says I'm better looking than Brad Pit Tongue - Yeah, right  Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

Some girl at School once told me I looked like Jason Donovan, I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or mortally insulted!  Grin
This was back when JD was still in Neighbours and sported a Mullet back in the late 80s.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mav
If it meant having my ugly mug sprawled all over the form, no thanks Crazy

Likewise.  Tongue
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

As long as it was voluntary yeah I would - it's a great idea as long as i can select to opt out  Crazy  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Start simple with an unrecorded voice chat line only. Incidentally Skype used to run such a service but packed it in when they discovered some extremists were making use of the service.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Video Forum

Quote from: Strat
Edit: Fixed title Embarrassed

I had a little chuckle when I first saw that (but, of course, was too polite to mention it).
How come Moderators aren't subject to the 1 hour limit on changing posts (including title of first post)?  Roll eyes
[/coat]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

Re: Video Forum

I get a pensioner's concession.