cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VidZone Ps3

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

VidZone Ps3

Launched yesterday, seems quite good looking at the pictures.
Tried to use it last night, but avast the Plusnet package i'm on left me buffering for 10 mins, so i havent watched a video yet!
Anyone used it, whats it like?
2 REPLIES
darkhalf75

Re: VidZone Ps3

Yup, been using it the last couple of days. It needs a few tweaks (mostly with the search and related options). I've found most  videos of excellent quality, perhaps not HD, but certainly better than YouTube. Ability to create your own playlists is brilliant and there's a ton of content at launch (approx 10,000 vids) with more to be added weekly. The Vidzone twitter page is here: http://twitter.com/vidzone and they seem to be taking note of user comments and requests; which is always great.
For a free service I think it excellent, it is supported by ads but they are tastefully done (although sometimes its quite easy to accidentally click on them) and the content is really diverse. There truly is something for everyone; even at this early stage. It seems to be a going concern, so it can only improve from here and might make a real name for itself. I will certainly be using it and keeping an eye out for new improvements etc.
On the negative side, streaming after 4.00PM on a Plusnet Unlimited package is problematic, the videos tend to stop at points due to the bandwidth capping at those hours and I find I have to pauses the vid as soon as it starts and let the majority load before re-starting. At off-peak times streaming works fine. (I have the same experience with youtube after 16.00PM etc as well).
If you have a PS3 and you haven't tried it yet I suggest you hit PSN and download it. Once installed it will appear under 'Music'.
Enjoy
D.
sebastianpolomk
Grafter

Re: VidZone Ps3

I'm still not happy with this feature. Looks great but on Plusnet works not so well (video most of time jerky like in BBC iPlayer - unwatchable Sad  ). Can only have hope that this will be fixed in near feature Smiley