Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vegetarian coming to eat... don't panic

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Vegetarian coming to eat... don't panic

Top three Vegetarian meals desired at Chef & Brewer Pub chain.....
1) Beans on Toast
2) Egg on Toast
3) Vegetarian Soup
plus
4) Chips, cooked in Vegetable Oil ?
And variations of the above.

At least most of the above would probably be found in your own home, not requiring a special shop ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3254278/Top-grub-veggies-beans-toast-Pub-chain-s-surprise-di...
If you have Veggy Friends round, what do you provide ?
Pretend meat ?
Opinions seem to suggest that Linda McCartney vegetarian meals may not be as tasty as the cardboard box they come in !!!!!
Probably not too true.

We used to have a Vegetarian Reporter in the Crew car, he was always hungry, and would embarrass the meat eating crew by asking for Beetroot sandwiches made with plain bread when we stopped for lunch !!
We invariably tucked into Pie & Chips !
Of course, this opens up a whole debate on supplementing a Vegetarian Diet with the missing elements meat & fish provide.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Vegetarian coming to eat... don't panic

Quote from: PlusComUK

3) Vegetarian Soup

I never really thought of Vegitarians as Cannibals before.  Making soup does seem a fairly good use of them though.
Be very careful with Vegans though, you can't use butter on the toast if offering them beans on toast.
Not sure if egg qualifies as Vegitarian by most definitions.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
itsme
Grafter

Which is stricter a Vegan or Jain diet?
Community Veteran

Jain. It excludes several vegetables.
Though the Jain's I know aren't particularly strict, some have even been seen eating a roast beef dinner, which is more than I (raised CofE) ever have!  Crazy