cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vauxhall Za Fire cars in recall

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Vauxhall Za Fire cars in recall

as there are not many  people posting new posts. and some posts are being dredged up from the archives, I thought I would bring this topic into the arena, as I heard it, and saw it, on the News last night before I went to bed...
Vauxhall Zafira ..... ( yeah I know... deliberate miss spelling on the titile ).. recalls 200,000 due to reports of them catching fire...
Anyone had a fire in za fire  ?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Vauxhall Za Fire cars in recall

Technically lots of people have a fire in their zafira... thousands of times a minute  Cheesy
Good cars though... when i was doing private hire i drove two of the fleet... one had 530k miles on it, the other had 420k miles. The 530 would take any hill in 5th like a tractor - you could not stall it. The lower mileage had a turbo tweak so that it was constantly live and acted like a supercharger. Damn thing could accelerate like mad in 6th  Shocked In 1st, 2nd or 3rd it was lethal if you slipped on the pedal. Great fun but a few brown trouser moments down the country lanes! You could also hear it from half a mile away due to the way the turbo would whine... and the customers frequently thought it was an air raid siren  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

There is now another recall made on this for the Zafira B models.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36330439

Fixes: 125

The letter I got from Vauxhall last year indicated it was only a problem for those vehicles that had had a repair to their heating system performed by a 3rd party repairer. As I hadn't had such a repair I left it to my annual service where everything was checked and I think the part was replaced anyway as a precaution.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Question number one is, how long will it take to recall every car identified with this problem ?

Question number two, are they advising drivers to continue using their car if it is on the recall list ?

Fixes: 125

Like I said, mine was on the recall l list but only so that they  could check no 3rd party work had been done.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

According to the BBC news this evening a number of these cars had already been checked and considered safe yet they still caught fire.

I understand they will all be recalled ?