Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaccine

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Vaccine

Watching news tonight they are all speculating as to who the first people will be to get the vaccine. the answer is simple.......The MP'sCrazyEvil

11 REPLIES 11
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Vaccine

Don't forget the very important young future holders at Eton!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 84

@TTman wrote:

Watching news tonight they are all speculating as to who the first people will be to get the vaccine. the answer is simple.......The MP'sCrazyEvil

Note the bolded and especially underlined bit.Smiley

John
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@7up wrote:

Don't forget the very important young future holders at Eton!

Or the Royal family.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

I`ll be glad to wait until the first million have been used as a trial ......  ! ..

see what happens to them.... some complain of severe headaches,  body aches, and severe flu symptoms..  but they don`t say how long they lasted... so .. I`m going to stay "confined to barracks" for now ! ! ..

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

No problems with a vaccine as long as the MPs lead by example and not the NHS staff....

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Well the obvious one for me would be anyone who works for the emergency services.

When I have had to deal with the police, for reasons I won't go into here (but that is a day I'd rather forget trust me!) they have been fine. It was nothing dodgy on my part, honest guv 😉

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Doing my best to encourage everyone else to have it.......

That way no need for me to have it...

😉

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Alex
Community Veteran

I by no means have a Biology degree, but I would have thought that isn't the case?

AFAIK (and all that) a vaccine works by injecting your body with dead cells so (a) They're dead so it doesn't harm you, and (b) Your body thinks it is real, so your immune system tells it to get lost?

So if I had it and passed it onto you, your body can't fight it off like someone else's may be able to.

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Alex wrote:

So if I had it and passed it onto you, [...]

That's just it - if you have had the vaccine then you wouldn't be in a position to pass the infection on as the it would never have taken hold enough to become contagious.

Gleneagles point (tongue in cheek acknowledged) is that not everyone needs to be vaccinated in order to reach sufficient herd immunity (i.e. enough people that are immune such that it is hard for the virus to propagate). However, it is not a perfect science and varies due to many factors, and if too many take the decision to be one of the non-vaccinated then the whole approach obviously breaks down regardless.

Alex
Community Veteran

Fair enough @MJN 

I assumed any vaccine wouldn't do that, so I could still pass it on to someone else. It might not affect my body that much if I had it, but someone else's it could.

I assumed it wouldn't stop the spread, just how it affects people.

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

To be fair, some vaccines are indeed 'therapeutic', but this (and most others being sought) are intended to be 'prophylactic' (preventative).