cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaccine rollout

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Vaccine rollout

Things can only get better now the vaccine rollout has started and fingers crossed that it will prove successful.

Add to that no more dissent or disagreement as nobody in this country at least will be forced to have it, no more rolling news about political antics on the other side of the Atlantic or within the EU.

Steady as she goes apart from global warming, melting icebergs, rising sea levels... and the price of Easter eggs. 

It'll be countdown to Christmas again before you know it. 😉

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
28 REPLIES 28
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Re: Vaccine rollout

@Minivanman I agree with the first line of your post and really hope everything works out.

Unfortunately, I can't quite say the same about the second paragraph - politicians and 'commentators' will continue to pull each other to pieces, although they will have to slightly change their angle of attack - if they know how. The 'global warming' - which if I recall correctly was in the recent past a 'global ice-age' - will continue, natural and/or man-made.

Price of Easter Eggs - couldn't care less, and what's this 'Christmas' you're on about?Smiley

John
Aspiring Legend

I had in mind Trump and the EU but yes, there will always be something or other to moan about.

Seasoned Hero

Understand where you were coming from, but The Don will continue to be a feature for a while, especially if his reported financial/legal problems are as described, and EU exit - well we'll just have to see how that plays out.

John
Hero
Fixes: 9

According to the news just now it takes 15 minutes to 'process' each patient.  Do we have enough nurses to ensure everyone is vaccinated within a meaningful period of time?  When I had the ordinary flu vaccine it took about 5 minutes and that was with the nurse asking me at least three times if I had any allergies.

Seasoned Hero

@Jonpe It may take that long, but where or who did that '15 minutes' come from - someone who actually knows what they are talking about, or just a reporters interpretation of what they have been told?

John
Aspiring Legend

My annual flu jab which is given at the local medical center usually takes about half hour including the wait and it's a real cattle market affair. This year and because of Covid it was done at the local rugby club with more staff on hand and it all ran like clockwork. In and out in less that ten minutes - so it can be done.

The covid jab should be pretty much the same affair with any luck, and with any luck some time early next year.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Don't worry lads, now we have 4G we can still stay in touch once the zombie apocolypse takes hold..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

@7up  yeah... and if the government hadn`t insisted on getting 5G from China, we would not have COVID19 to deal with either  ! !  Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

They successfully removed the death rays from electricity pylons so it can't be long before they remove covid from 5G.

Hero
Fixes: 30

vac scene.jpg

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Aspiring Legend

So those with a history of allergic reactions should be careful of getting an allergic reaction?

Must be a slow news day at the BBC for them to be all over this... like a rash.

Covid-19 vaccine: Allergy warning over new jab - BBC News

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yeah, I had one once. Just weird spots started growing everywhere, all over my face and body. I felt fine, but didn't look it.

Worse than I usually look I mean, it was nasty and spoke to my parents who said get some antihistamine, it was only down the road. I drove and stayed in the car whilst my mum kindly went and got some.

About an hour after I took some I noticed it got better, scary stuff and it really does affect your body quickly.

I'll never know what caused that and I suspect I never will. Yes I wouldn't say no to a Vaccine, I know my age range of course but what isn't clear to me what is classifed as 'underlying medical conditions'.

Oh the one hand, I don't want to be selfish and say 'Me: I want it now!' and deprive someone who needs it more than me, on the other I want to ignore on what I have and be at risk.

Aspiring Legend

"I've got no idea what's in that vaccine, so I'm not having it"

Said Chantelle as she bought 40 beefburgers for £3 in Asda. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

That latest covid ad is a strange one. Going on about covid particles surrounding us. The bit I don't get is the part about the particle clouds in your home. Open your windows to blow them out. Well all the particles in my house are mine bought and paid for so I can't really see them doing me any (more) harm. And if you live on a busy street won't you want to close your windows to keep the "particles" out?