cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter stupidity.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Utter stupidity.

Walking on the higher fells in the Lake District yesterday, nice sunny day and warmer than you might expect.

Snow was 1 - 2 foot deep in places along with plenty of ice and then I saw something that I could not believe and I guess you will think I am making it up..........a group of 4 people approached me and one of them, a man, was walking bare foot. I asked him if his intention was to complete the circular walk, approx 5 hours and he assured me it was.

I can think of no rational explanation why someone would do that other than for a bet or if they were into some sort of kung fu and wished to toughten their feet up.

Utter stupidity in my opinion as apart from your feet having less grip on ice that boots and the fact there are some very sharp bits of rock possibly covered in snow that could cut your foot.

No wonder mountain rescue teams are getting more calls than ever these days, there are some stupid people about.

4 REPLIES 4
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Re: Utter stupidity.

Stupid people not confined to the Lake District. In West Dorset we have about 6cm of snow and temperatures hovering around 0c - this afternoon I saw a man pressure - washing his van which was parked partly on the pavement outside his house.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@gleneagles, perhaps the man you met was just trying to save his sole(s).

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I expect he was a postman.

If he was wearing shorts as well as bare feet then it's a certainty.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Tempted to tell him to make an appointment with a psychiatrist but thought better to keep quiet as he was a big chap and I did not want to risk losing what teeth I have got left.