cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility Supplier

Community Veteran

Utility Supplier

Does anyone have any experience of extraenergy? They are a new gas/electricity supplier. Just got a quote from them and they show I can save £31 per month.
extraenergy
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Utility Supplier

I had a quote from extraenergy at £789.00 pa for electricity only, we're currently paying approx £450 pa for electricity only with Eon.
Community Veteran

@journeys, that's odd as they say I will save £31 a month. I put in my actual usage that I've had from Eon for the past 12 months.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Prices vary over the country. Which is strange as we all get the same electric/gas supplied by the same wires/pipes.
I have been with First Utility for a couple of years as they are consistently the cheapest for me, they maybe dearer for YOU.
I am currently on a long term fixed, paying more than I need to, but at least I know what I will pay for the next 2 years. If a cheaper deal appears (with them) then I can switch easily using the web site, as long as it is longer than my current deal I have no costs to do it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Prices vary over the country. Which is strange as we all get the same electric/gas supplied by the same wires/pipes.

And that applies to a 1ltr ( 2pts) of milk.... It varies from supermarket to supermarket, conveneince store to convienience store..
Locally, Co-op are charging up to £1.20 in some shops... and 99p in another only 5 miles apart , whereas the "local" Tesco convenience store charges 89p which is the same as Morrisons 5 miles away. all those shops are withing 5 miles of each other...
( yeah I know, it`s not a "Utility" price... but it does show that the same "product" varies according to "local conditions"... and suppliers/retail market )
Incidentally, the £1.20 price is in the middle of a "council house estate"  ( where, probably 50% are privately owned )... and the "local Tesco" is in the middle of a 95% privately owned estate...
Community Veteran

Now that's expensive milk. Sainsbury's and Tesco are charging £1 for 4 pints  (2.27 lts) of milk.
Community Veteran

Yeah....but..... we only use 1.5 ltrs per week.... buying 4 ltrs would waste 2.5 ltrs down the drain...  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Not if you have a fridge Cheesy Cheesy
Community Veteran

Cups of tea / coffee and porridge.
Four litres don't last a week just for me alone.
Community Veteran

Crikey me !    Shocked How much milk do you put in your tea and coffee ? 
Either you have a huge bowl for your porrige or it is extreeeeeeeeeeemly swilly and runny  ! !!    Grin Grin Grin Grin
Community Veteran

I blame those damn bears that keep helping themselves to my porridge. Tongue
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: shutter
... buying 4 ltrs would waste 2.5 ltrs down the drain...  Cheesy

The post prior to the above reply referred to 4 PINTS ( c 2 litres).
We seem to have wandered off topic but, for what its worth, milk is  50p for a litre / 79p for 2 litres at Iceland at the moment.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I got a quote and they said I could save £68, but I renewed with Ovo a couple months back cos they were at the time the better option for me, cos I like companies who invest in green energy technologies, and aren't one of the big bully boys... Smiley
As for milk, in this house between 6 and 12pints (I like drinking the stuff) in a week, te$co's present price of £1.48 (6pt, or 3.408L in modern English) helps, though I'm positive the dairy farmers are getting a raw deal from them because of it... Roll eyes
itsme
Grafter

What investment does Ovo make in green energy?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Depends on the plan you take, for me I'm on the 15% Renewable plan, so 15% of my bill goes to the operators of turbines, hydro and solar generation and the biogas digester places, the rest goes to the dirty lot unfortunately, but it's a needs-must choice, their 100% green energy means they only pay the green energy suppliers, not the coal, oil, gas & nuke lot... Smiley
They also have deals to protect 100,000 acres of rainforest (the things that absorb most of the carbon in the atmosphere) to help keep the carbon footprint down... Smiley
I know at the end of the day, the electricity and gas that comes to the house is the same regardless of the supplier, but, knowing that at least some of my money's going to the right people and not the back pockets of the big guys is a plus for me... Smiley