Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the wrong thing.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Using the wrong thing.

Remember the days, when cars had more shiny bits than now? There were products to posh up body, bumpers and so on, yet funnily they often looked and smelled much the same once the lid was off. Today there must be products for more than motors just like that.

I don't know about you, but I've been tempted to use a wrong product, and done so with no adverse effect.

Today's temptation and sin arose, because I'd forgot to buy a new bottle of bath and shower gel. I used shampoo instead. Nothing adverse happened. I haven't looked to see if my hidden forest has a new lustre.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Using the wrong thing.

Nothing adverse has happened so far.

Give it time......when the itching starts or the trees start dying then you will remember to use the correct item next time.

Always read the label !

Grin

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I often think the same when scanning the cleaning products in a supermarket, or even more so in Lakeland.

Just a marketing ploy to increase the profits of the likes of Unilever, Procter & Gamble et al.

Not young enough to know everything
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Used to find the same with pet food - have you seen how much choice there is these days? I found that whatever I fed our little mutt he still survived.

As for suds and stuff, at one time I used coal tar soap for above and below and nary a whimper of complaint - except from the Mrs once married as she could not stand the smell of it. Crazy2

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Minivanman wrote:
except from the Mrs once married as she could not stand the smell of it. Crazy2

You managed to get married  ? ? ?   using Coal Tar Soap  ? ? ? ?  Shocked

Fixes: 47

It's a scientific fact that women have a keener sense of smell than men.

Make of that whatever you will.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Now for a keen sense of smell what sbout the lady featured in Dr Gabriel Westons show. By smelling T shirts, she sniffed out very accurately actual and potential Parkinsons sufferers.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Strat wrote:

It's a scientific fact that women have a keener sense of smell than men.

Make of that whatever you will.

And yet they drown themselves in alcohol-suspended chemical compositions they call "perfume"... Funny

But, I guess if their sense of smell is better, maybe that's why fresh cut roses don't smell like farts to them, cos they do to me... Crazy2

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

@shutter

"You managed to get married........"

Not you as well!

It was and is a lovely fresh clean smell - as kids they used to wash and scrub us with it at the children's home I was in, so maybe that's why it stayed with me for so long.

Now of course it's Old Spice of nothing, a proper pensioner pong.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.