cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users think M$'s "XP will expire" is adware ;-)

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Users think M$'s "XP will expire" is adware ;-)

Please quote any reference that you claim I stated the phrase
Quote from: nanotm
<snip>
to reuse your own phrase; anyone with half a brain can look it up,  <snip>

Also please look @ all the facts
M/S pulled many updates because they caused known issue(s) to other 3rd party software / Hardware / Their own Surface Pro et al
I never said the words "anyone with half a brain can look it up" Edit: (I never even thought of those words, yet alone would never use them in any context)
Please scroll ^^^^^^^^^^^ & look at what I actually stated & what you quoted from the preceded post 
Further more
None of us are mind readers
Therefore we do not know which Particular companies you are actually referring to
Conclusion you do not seen seem to know what you perceive to know about
Edit:
Spelling corrected
& to add further info
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I've just booted up 2 x Windows XP drives to check for updates & both already had KB2934207 XP end of support notification installed.
Within a few seconds of logging on a grey box appears in the middle of the desktop warning that Windows XP support ends on April 8th & it gives you 2 choices.
A link to find out more info OR an option not to see the warning again.
I can't see how Microsoft can make the warnings any clearer?  Undecided
As for my XP drive's ill grab the last update's, disable the wireless card & then make a system image, if I do want to go online with them in future ill do it via a lan cable.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

wow, you cant actually refute what I said but instead pickup on the fact I said re-use you're phrase, which of itself means I am at liberty to change the exact wording I didn't say I was quoting , so if your gong to start trying to get technical about the proper English go and learn the rules!
as for the rest your trotting out examples that support my point, its not M$ bricking there own system through updates its 3rd party products that are causing problems with M$ updates, with some M$ makes changes to remedy the situation and with others its up to the creators of the problem products to make the changes (that seems to depend on the size of user base.....
the fact M$ will pull an update off the line to allow things to get fixed (whichever way round its done) actually proves the point that despite the baseless uproar they are in fact working with customers best interests in mind
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Grafter

I could refute what you said & in part I did
Ok will do, have done, here is the result  Wink
reuse
verb
verb: reuse; 3rd person present: reuses; past tense: reused; past participle: reused; gerund or present participle: reusing
riːˈjuːz/
use again or more than once.
"the tape could be magnetically erased and reused"
noun
noun: reuse
riːˈjuːs/
the action of using something again.
"the ballast was cleaned ready for reuse"

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

its not M$ bricking there own system through updates its 3rd party products that are causing problems with M$ updates

So you think they should be more like apple then. I.e. only apple s/w & h/w allowed? So you should only run M$ soft/hard ware?
So how did they manage to brick their OWN surface tablets with an "update" ?
As I said keep your rose tinted blinkers on M$ will look after you (As long as you keep paying them that is  ;D)
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

the fact M$ will pull an update off the line to allow things to get fixed (whichever way round its done) actually proves the point that despite the baseless uproar they are in fact working with customers best interests in mind

LOL  Cheesy the only 'best interests' Microsoft have are their own, they have a product to sell and, despite releasing updates that break systems (including breaking their own OS) it is clearly in their interest to pull such updates as soon as they are aware of the mayhem they cause (or people might stop buying their software).  The fact that they do release inadequately tested code for a paid-for product is, in my opinion, poor, especially when you consider just how much money they have made from selling the original software.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: 77
The fact that they do release inadequately tested code for a paid-for product is, in my opinion, poor, especially when you consider just how much money they have made from selling the original software.

there testing is a lot better than any other distributer and there's no charge for getting the updates, the OS doesn't really cost that much, the most expensive OS I bought in the last 15 years was xp pro (which cost £120) but all the other full OS copies I've bought (vista/7/8) came in at under £50, now you could argue that's expensive but considering they give out free updates without forcing users to purchase a new copy every year (like various media player companies do, well if you want to still be able to use the product at least) its extremely cheap.
hell I just saw an advert yesterday for a new annual or monthly sub rate from cyber media and they want more than M$ do for the 5 user licence of office 360 for a single user licence ......
if M$ start charging for updates (like blizzard do with there online games) or if they start charging monthly subs to use the OS then your point would be well made, however the fact they give 9 years worth of free support to an OS that was obsolescent proves that there not doing it for the money but for customers, that they make so few problematic updates goes to prove there testing environment is damn good at its job.
compare that to apple who only support the hardware they put together in the way they put it together, and then tell you its your fault it broke cos you installed something they didn't make and they wont do anything to help you unless you sign up there tech support package .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you