Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless information - part three

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Useless information - part three

Yep I remember going through that with my late dad.

He liked Queen, and I don't mind their music to be honest. Well you can read that as I lived there at the time, so had to. 😀

I was tempted to ask to have put on "Another One Bites The Dust" on at his funeral. My dad had the same sense of humour as I do now.

Always said that to my sister, and she agreed.

Thought it might not be funny for other people attending, so I didn't. I am sure my dad would have found it funny.

Okay I think that is useless for everyone now. 😛

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 27

@Alex wrote:

I was tempted to ask to have put on "Another One Bites The Dust" on at his funeral.😛

I went to a friend's funeral about a year ago, and that track was played as the coffin went through the curtain.

It brought everyone together as we all looked around the room grinning as we recognised the intro.

It was at that moment I decided I'm going out with this one:

Ω is where the is
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

Before I die, I'm going to swallow a whole bag of popping corn.

Just don't tell them you have a pacemaker, I understand they cause quite a blast.

From the article in that link:  "The first reported case of a pacemaker explosion during cremation was in 1976. The body of a 70-year-old man was cremated at 800 °C. After 5 minutes, four explosions occurred in rapid succession with a final explosion a few minutes later. In the wall of the cremator was a finger-sized hole half an inch deep."

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yep @Jonpe 

I am sure I read something similar a few years back. Might have been the same article you said. As the Jazz Club guy once said on the fast show - "Niccceee".

When I was at Uni I remember a programme I was watching (after the watershead), around 9:30. Can't remember which one now.

There was a woman who liked photography - fine you think. It turned out she liked photos of people of being cremated during the process. How you manage that I do not know, as I have no intention of finding out either. 

I thought it was a joke, and the programme actually showed you some of her photos. Now I usually take, the usual things of nice scenary, parties, family occasions and holiday. I like my Nikon SLR, but that will stay on those subjects trust me.

However they actually showed some of her photos. Again as the Jazz Club guy said "Nice". Imagine taking her out on a drink for a date:

Me: "So what are your hobbies, what do you like doing?'.
Her: "I like photography".
Her: "I'll show some of my photos".
Me: "Ok fine"
(after the event).

I'll either be saying:

"Oh look there is someone on the other side of the room, I must go and talk to them whoever they are".

If I had food it'd either be ill, or:

Restaurant Staff: "How would you like your steak, flame grilled?".
Me: "No thank you, I have seen enough of that tonight already".

Sorry, I'd better shut up 😐

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Our once local vicar (a friend rather than one of his parishioners) told me that seeing how a cremation was actually carried out was part of his training and which would help him in part at least to be able to understand and share the feelings of those that had suffered a loss. "Why don't you come along one day" he said, I'd be happy to show you what actually happens and you can even have a peek at the body as it burns".

How delightful, but no thanks.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yep @Minivanman 

I can understand it to an extent, for research I guess. I am sorry for my previous post to all, was being sarcastic as per.

My brain can handle things IT wise, but anything else I have a meltdown. There are a few jobs among them I couldn't do. One of my friends from Uni had a stag doo and took us to horse racing. I didn't realise how it actually worked until I saw it in person. Let's put in this way, when a horse gets hurt, they don't exactly give it 'First Aid' to make it better. Better say no more, and you don't see that on TV.

Luckily I don't gamble, and anything which supports animal crultey I won't support. I wonder how that is still legal - of course it is. If the government banned it, the bookies will go bankrupt and the premsis owners will lose rent as with the government in VAT and Business Rates. Silly me. I just had some light ales at the time. Never going back there again.

*right I'll try and calm down* 

I said on a previous post about the time someone jumped under a train I was on, saw the aftermath which I won't go into. Luckily I was with a friend and someone just said "Let's go down the pub". I was with a friend I and I was like the Churchill Dog and said "Oh Yes".

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

It's said that lobsters were around for 350m years before the dinosaurs, then for another 60m years during their occupation, then (and excluding those that do not end up in a pot of boiling water) they survived for another 60 million years.

And the point of all this?

Well just to say Del Boy was spot on when he said "the world is you lobster".

Highlighted
Hero

'Sir Keir Starmer' is an anagram of 'smarter, riskier'.

Ω is where the is
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

And old Trump?  Evil

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

It will get dark before morning.

it will rain several times before Christmas.

A watched kettle does boil

Everything ends

James Bond is not real.

And......there are lots of people who insist on giving you irrelevant information or stating the obvious....

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Napoleon's body lies inside a nest of seven coffins; one made of soft iron, one of mahogany, two coffins made of lead, one made of ebony, one of oak and the sarcophagus on the outside.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 19

Napoleon Bonaparte died on May 5, 1821 at the age of 51 on the remote South Atlantic island of St. Helena. His tomb is in the Dôme des Invalides, but that is not where Napoleon was first laid to rest.

He was first buried in only 4 coffins.

It is believed that a government minister thinks that St Helena is a great place to go.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Hero

prime minister.jpg

Ω is where the is
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I sometimes wonder what happened to the people who asked me for directions.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

So.... it was you... was it  ? ? ? ? AngryTicked_off