so all is not wasted  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Use for the Edstone

Might prove to be a tombstone for the Labour party, hard to imagine they will ever get a majority  again.
Fixes: 47

He should have bequeathed it to Cameron.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Might prove to be a tombstone for the Labour party, hard to imagine they will ever get a majority  again.

They'll find it hard especially once the boundary changes are implemented Grin Grin
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

unlike you I have no doubts that the boundary changes will help them far more than hinder them in the 2020 election, labour drew up the boundary changes the Tories + the liberals messed with them a bit and now there going to get implemented, the thing with the changes is they will likely move more of the red spectrum into one pile, this election taught a lot of people that voting for fringe lunacy is a stupid waste and to stop messing about and vote for the party that fits your outlook more so than the other and be done with it or your just wasting your time and effort going ot the polling station.
people often spout off about seditious ideas like communism and how such a radical change is needed but it wasn't that long ago such utterances would of landed you 10+ years in hard labour, its appealing to those few who cant be bothered to work at getting somewhere and nasty to every one else, myself I worked hard for as long as I could and now that I cant through ill health will sit back and let the next generation pull their weight, I despair of those to idle to get up and get on with things, and wonder why those of us that gave up our freedoms to protect such people have to suffer their oxygen thieving now as they huff loudly and complain bitterly about how the gubment is didlin them out of their misbegotten benfits cheque every week !
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

In case you have misunderstood, I am very much for the boundary changes. I have already contacted my MP to support this. It is estimated the Tories will benefit by about 20 seats. It appears, however, that although the report recommended a reduction of seats down to 600 this will not be done.
Community Veteran

*Comment withheld for fear of breaching the forum rules, as per the 'sticky' on the chit chat index *
What I will say is.."Come the revolution Brother". Grin
Community Veteran

The Labour Party used to represent the working class people and provided valuable legislation. Sadly the Labour Party ceased to exist in 1994. The present organisation which hijacked the name will first have to decide who they represent before attempting re-election.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

really?
I've always understood that labour represented those out of work ahead of any other demographic, that's why they created the state welfare system, true they created the NHS to grant universal access to medical care but that was to protect the next generation of workers far more than it was to look after the current generation (its why all treatment for under 16's is free and not all treatment for all) they furthered that mission in the 90's and first decade of the 00's by grossly inflating the numbers on welfare and disadvantaged the low paid at the same time, they introduce a minimum wage well below the average wages paid at the time and artificially suppressed income streams for anyone not on benefits or in well paid job then they tried to reinstate slavery through immigration (the NMW specifically exempted salaried positions and immigrant workers when it was introduced) they have done nothing for the workers of the nation for far more than 2 decades, hell they incited the riots and strikes that saw the mines closed and put half a million people onto welfare a cause furthered by the unions inspite of any deals offered at the time.
labour has always been about supporting those out of work and vilifying anyone who is trying to better themselves, they despise the elderly and the sick they despise the military but love the police, especially the secret variety which they implemented in droves to spy on everyone and their dog, they got rid of the target program (benefit cheat reporting) to remove the impetus for anyone to report a scrounger and permitted hyperinflation of house prices to make everyone who didn't already own a property dependant on the state for housing.

red ed just showed the parties true nature and I wouldn't be overly surprised if he was nominated and reselected as the leader in a few months at the annual conference!
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you