Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to BBC iPlayer on Sky+ HD

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Update to BBC iPlayer on Sky+ HD

THE BBC is happy today to announce that we are updating and improving the interface on BBC iPlayer on Sky to bring it more inline with the new version of iPlayer being rolled out on computers, tablets, mobiles and connected TVs.
It’s been over 18 months since we launched this version of BBC iPlayer and I am pleased that we have been able to work with Sky to make some significant improvements to BBC iPlayer on the Sky+ HD platform.
So what’s new?
The first thing you‘re likely to notice is that you can see and select programmes on the home-screen.
Previously you would have seen effectively a menu of the areas to browse, but now the first thing you see is highlights of the content we have curated for you.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/posts/Update-to-BBC-iPlayer-on-Sky-HD

4 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Update to BBC iPlayer on Sky+ HD

I do use iPlayer a lot via Roku LT so wonder if that app will change.
Overall a very good service.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I am reluctant to Sky catchup services I.E BBC iPlayer due to the lack of subtitles!!
My mum has VM and she says that the beeb iplayer platform is a similar style to the one on iPad.  The best of all VM beeb iplayer has a subtitle option.
Come on Sky and BBC make an option to have subtitles as 10 million deaf people NEED this feature
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

Quote from: NorthEasterner
10 million deaf people NEED this feature

But surely iPlayer is only available in the UK? Where are these 10 million people?
There are somewhat less than a million people in UK who are severely or profoundly deaf.
There are about 10 times that with some hearing loss (including me). See: http://www.disability.co.uk/sites/default/files/resources/UKStatistics%26Facts.pdf
Most can restore full functionality with a suitable hearing aid.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes 9 million is what I was referring to.
I am deaf and need subtitles and pretty sure a lot of those 9 million do too.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up