Community Veteran

Unwelcome Guest

Imagine waking up and finding this in your bathroom:
Bathroom

10 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Unwelcome Guest

Must post this to my girlfriend as she does not like little spiders In the bathroom, Will tell her she's lucky!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

NATURE: Essex Jungle
On: Channel 5 
Date: Saturday 23rd April 2011 (Already shown)
Documentary series profiling the people who sell, own and rescue interesting pets. From crocodiles in Romford to tarantulas in Thurrock, boa constrictors in Billericay to carpet pythons in Southend, there are more reptiles and exotic animals kept as domestic pets in Essex than there are cats and dogs. An aggressive boa constrictor is rescued, pet-shop owner Rob feeds his rattlesnakes, and a bearded dragon looks for a mate.
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=17639
Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

you dont have a monopoly, the idiot in Romford had a Cayman loose in his house, he handles it bare handed
Community Veteran

It's not unusual to find alligators roaming around domestic property here especially by expanses of water.  Most properties have both a standard door and a screen door which normally prevents this sort of thing from happening.  Hope she was wearing slippers Roll eyes Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

How did it get there? Never had a 'gator in the house.
Had a variety of snakes in the house (including spitting cobras and Puff Adders), both Hippo and Croc in the swimming pool, and below (photo) in back garden
Community Veteran

I take it the Rhino didn't decide to charge?
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

They don't normally - they're glad of the free publicity.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

ho ho ho
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
How did it get there? Never had a 'gator in the house.

This happens occasionally and is just a case of the screen door being left open.  Guess the woman will check the doors next time. Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: fourfourdevon
I take it the Rhino didn't decide to charge?

SWMBO said "shoo",  it ignored her.
Interesting on the snakes, first time it happened, called a neighbour who turned up with a 5 meter length of 3" diameter hose pipe, one end masked off with Gaffer tape, he offered the other end to the "spitting cobra" while telling the rest of us to bang pots and pans/make a noise, the cobra dutifully slid into the hose pipe, the other end was then 'capped' and the snake carried away in the pipe and released.
nadger
Rising Star

@ p_p - I recorded that programme but won't be bothering with any more episodes.
The mentality of the chap with the Cayman was made even more suspect by his 6ft Monitor Lizard - really be interesting if they got together  Smiley
When I kept tropical fish in the late 60s baby Caymans where readily available at this store that we visited regularly when we lived in Edgware. The babies were only a few inches long but I was never tempted.