Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a Mobile

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Unlocking a Mobile

I have a Nokia 1600 mobile (ancient I know), I have a new sim card but the phone is locked to a provider so I have an unlocking code from them and instructions on how to do it.  The first thing is to put the new sim in and select 'undo' and I haven't got a clue where 'undo' is.  Iv'e tried just putting the unlocking code in and it doesn't work.  I just get 'sim not valid'.  Anyone any ideas.  Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Unlocking a Mobile

A bit crude I know, but if you've got a shopping centre nearby (especially if its got a stall market once or twice a week) you will almost certainly find somebody who will unlock any mobile phone...for a small fee.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Petlew
for a small fee.

maybe cheaper to get a new phone Carphonewharehouse have an offer of a basic mobile phone (PAYG) for £0.95 (plus some air time).
Carphonewharehouse sell there phones 'unlocked'.
Community Veteran

Actually, my next suggestion was going to be; obtain a free PAYG sim from whichever provider the phone is currently locked to and use that with the new number that will go with it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

'undo' should be one of the options displayed above the menu keys, you select it with the appropriate key and then enter the unlock code when prompted.
onlyme
Grafter

Try this website  http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/nokia_unlock.php it worked for me, only unlocks Nokias for free, you pay for others. Alternatively, buy a SIM unlocking chip which fits under your existing SIM card and unlocks the phone to all networks; get one on eBay. They do work, I've got one.