cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University lecturers.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

University lecturers.

I see they are planning a series of strikes as a result of changes to their current pension arrangements but how do they differ to the many other thousands of people who have had their pension rights changed.?

They are still in a much better position to the thousands who have lost some or all of their pensions due to poor advice from financial advisers.

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: University lecturers.

I honestly don't know how this country functions with the constant highway robbery of the nation that is continually imposed from the draconian overlords at the top.

Do they never realise they are nose diving our country into the ground? The EU didn't need any help..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles wrote:

how do they differ to the many other thousands of people who have had their pension rights changed.?

They don’t. And other groups have carried out strike action because of threatened detrimental changes to pension rights. BMW / Rolls Royce workers last year, for example.

They are still in a much better position to the thousands who have lost some or all of their pensions due to poor advice from financial advisers.

That is a completely different issue, and is not relevant to the UCU strike action.

Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Let's all have the same pension rules as MPs.