cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unforgettable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unforgettable

No, nothing to do with Nat King Cole, but the amount Jeff Bezos made in ONE day - £10bn

Imagine you earned £30k a year, paid no tax & spent nothing. It would take you more than 330,000 years to earn £10 billion.

Now that really should be unforgettable - the system is rigged for the super-rich.

3 REPLIES 3
Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Unforgettable

Read the history of the store, then you’ll understand why “Fortune favours the Brave”

Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the article I linked to and you’ll understand that fortune favours those who already have a fortune. Time for a windfall tax.

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

I did read the article you linked to but chose to not respond to the windfall tax bit, but if you insist....

A few Companies have seen increased revenues due to the virus but most have seen a disastrous decrease..
Should the winners subsidise the losers ?

You do show a good level of intelligence, probably more academic than real life, but have you really thought through the potential serious implications and repercussions of an enforced windfall tax on the super rich and the global Companies they run ? They may accept a higher tax but too much and they'll be gone.
Should the individuals wish to donate cash then that's good, should the Companies wish to donate services then that's also good.
I see Bezos already donates a considerable amount of his wealth to charitable causes. Also, his wealth is based on share pricing which can rapidly go up as well as down. Admittedly Amazon have done well and in this area they are about to recruit several hundred new employees who, I'm sure, will be appreciative.