cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!

Community Veteran
Posts: 2,277
Thanks: 109
Fixes: 4
Registered: 18-02-2013

Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!

I can't explain just how freakish I'm finding these new checkout cameras in asda, am I just old or something ?

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Posts: 5,237
Thanks: 1,321
Fixes: 31
Registered: 16-10-2014

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!

That's weird, as I'm sure I have a similar thing in my bathroom mirror. But having said that it's Asda's way of saying "Go on steal something if you dare, you are being watched, and you'll never get away with it."

 

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 790
Thanks: 235
Fixes: 4
Registered: 17-02-2017

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!

I just look right at the camera, blow a kiss and give a cheeky little wave. There's many a time I put a smile on the checkout girls face.  Grin

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17,685
Thanks: 2,415
Fixes: 171
Registered: 06-04-2007

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!


Mook wrote:

That's weird, as I'm sure I have a similar thing in my bathroom mirror. But having said that it's Asda's way of saying "Go on steal something if you dare, you are being watched, and you'll never get away with it."

On the subject of stealing two days before Christmas SWMBO and myself did a large Tesco shop (Scan as You Shop). We packed things in our own bags neatly as we went along. At the checkout we were selected for a check which was the first time for almost a year even though I often go twice a week. The fella just looked at a few items near the top of one of the bags and let us go. I mentioned that if anyone was going to steal wouldn't they put those items near the bottom to which he replied that as they are so busy the store isn't bothered about a little bit of theft at this time of yearShocked


Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Posts: 17,320
Thanks: 1,376
Fixes: 16
Registered: 06-11-2007

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!

@Mav So,... the "double bluff" worked... and you managed to fool him then  ? ? ?  Shocked

Community Veteran
Posts: 14,324
Thanks: 651
Fixes: 10
Registered: 01-08-2007

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!


Mav wrote:

Mook wrote:

That's weird, as I'm sure I have a similar thing in my bathroom mirror. But having said that it's Asda's way of saying "Go on steal something if you dare, you are being watched, and you'll never get away with it."

On the subject of stealing two days before Christmas SWMBO and myself did a large Tesco shop (Scan as You Shop). We packed things in our own bags neatly as we went along. At the checkout we were selected for a check which was the first time for almost a year even though I often go twice a week. The fella just looked at a few items near the top of one of the bags and let us go. I mentioned that if anyone was going to steal wouldn't they put those items near the bottom to which he replied that as they are so busy the store isn't bothered about a little bit of theft at this time of yearShocked



So what was the point of them stopping you then? What a joke!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Posts: 5,151
Thanks: 1,054
Fixes: 3
Registered: 06-11-2014

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!


7up wrote:

So what was the point of them stopping you then?

 

At a guess, to say they had done so to meet their quotas, which seems to be a big thing of this century... Crazy2

Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17,685
Thanks: 2,415
Fixes: 171
Registered: 06-04-2007

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!


7up wrote:



So what was the point of them stopping you then? What a joke!


The computer says 'check'Crazy2

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Posts: 3,331
Thanks: 286
Fixes: 3
Registered: 05-04-2007

Re: Ugly bloke staring back at me when I go to self checkout now!

Hmm got a big ADSA's near me, but I hardly go in there. If I am bored I may do.

It's not very nice there, and so I don't want to purchase anything in there - let alone steal anything.

Plenty of other places in the area which are better. Got Co-Ops, Tesco, Morrisons and small Sainsburys.