cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugly...Is a word that should be removed from existence............

TORPC
Grafter

Ugly...Is a word that should be removed from existence............

I was out the front with my cousin & the kids earlier, & my cousin has a Birth mark on her face
A youngish couple with kids walks past, & didn't realise that we were in hearing distance, when one of the adults, said OMG, that girl is so ugly & was pointing over in the direction of my cousin.
My cousin ran in the house crying.
Why do people have to be so G'damn horrible towards people they do not know ?Huh
What other words, do you think should be removed from existence & why ?Huh
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Ugly...Is a word that should be removed from existence............

Nothing wrong with the word "ugly"...... no,.. it should not be removed from existence..... however... the insensitive "adult" should be removed from existence.
Fixes: 123

It's a shame that there are such insensitive people around.
If it was about a member of my family I would have severely chastised the culprit. Who's to say that he/she doesn't meet with an accident and end up 'ugly', too. Some people just amaze me Shocked
As for the OP question...
... absolutely no need to remove any words from existence. Words come and go, die out but other, even more inappropriate can take their place so where does it end. It's a form of censorship.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Nothing wrong with the word "ugly"...... no,.. it should not be removed from existence..... however... the insensitive "adult" should be removed from existence.

Should we ask Stephen King for ideas ?? Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The one saving grace in the whole thing is that children tend to be more accepting of people's differences, so hopefully these 'ugly-minded" people will have less and less influence on society.
The sooner the better!