Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uggh Sugar Tax.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Uggh Sugar Tax.

Yesterday I bought a couple of outers (24 cans?) of 7UP to replenish the stock in the cellar. I purchased the last load about this time last year. Unfortunately Coca Cola have changed the formulation taking out 30% of the sugar and replacing it with an artificial sweetener. Now this beverage leaves a long lasting bad taste in my mouth. 

Typical Government tax tinkering ruining a refreshing drink. If I decide to reduce sugar intake, it is simply done by drinking more water. I didn't need the formulation changing.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Uggh Sugar Tax.

@AlaricAdair wrote:

Typical Government tax tinkering ruining a refreshing drink. If I decide to reduce sugar intake, it is simply done by drinking more water.

Unfortunately,... not totally correct... you will still have the same amount of sugar intake.... drinking more water will only dilute the sugar content you have ingested ! 

Nice try though ! ! ! ! ... Cool

Highlighted
Fixes: 394

But drinking more water means drinking less of the sugary drink hence less sugar intake.

Bit like diluting alcoholic drinks; same amount of alcohol in each drink but probably drink less due to the water content.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

@Mav Hmm.... possibly !... if you open a can of 7up... and drink it`s contents of 330ml ( i think,  unless they made them smaller too ! ) .. then drink a glass of water, you are still consumeing 330ml of sugary stuff ! 

on the other hand... if you "dilute" the can (or other drink)  then your submission may well be effective ! !

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Alternatively just drink water instead of 7UP.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@AlaricAdair

Simple solution.......put the sugar back in, add boiling water to the sugar and add the glucose mixture to your taste.

Cheesy

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

yep all this focus on sugar when the real culprit is soya extracts and palm oil....

as kids we ate sweets by the quarter every week, we drank bottles or cans of fizzy pop every day and ate all the sugar filled snacks and junk food we could get our hands on and still only those with medical conditions ended up obese.... 40 years on and the same cant be said for our kids, and the only things to change are removing salt/sugar from foodstuffs whilst adding in gmo products like HCFC and soya extracts....

and still there going on about sugar in the diet like its the ultimate bad guy..... 

I lived on "sports drinks", confectionary and instant meals for several years and I still remained well within the healthy weight range 

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@nanotm

But there is one factor you left out in your post.......you may well have consumed all those sugary things in your youth and kept to a normal weight.....BUT.......

You were far more active than many young people these days.!

Smiley

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

nah not me, I rarely did as much exercise as my own kids do 

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I see CocaCola have paused the production of "some" soft drinks owing to the shortage of CO2.   I wonder if some of the production managers/accountants who pushed for the "saving" of money by the use of Just-In-Time suppliers will rest easy at the start of the heat wave.  Will the lost business cost more than the savings "achieved" by not holding a reserve of stock of CO2 gas?