Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US President banned from Sheffield

Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

US President banned from Sheffield

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44714939

So a hostile US takeover of PlusNet is now not going to happen!

10 REPLIES
Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: US President banned from Sheffield

Trump is neither my favourite  as a president, man nor even a loud rude noise,  but i think this is another overblown provincial non-entity trying to claim a high moral position for political kudos. UK will not be hosting  Donald but POTUS.

BTW I first misread the link as Shetland. First thoughts were, "thank the Lord: someone's thinking of the ponies"!EvilGrin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
bmc
Pro
Fixes: 6

It's a political sound bite!!!

The Mayor doesn't have the authority to ban anyone from Sheffield.

Brian

Fixes: 123

Trump is probably far more familiar with Sheffield, Massachusetts than Sheffield, England.

Edited to make it clearer.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RobPN
Seasoned Pro

Who is?  The mayor?

jab1
All Star

Apart from the fact that I didn't know who my Lord Mayor is (and don't really care), his appearance on that photo in the linked article makes him look slightly 'strange', so the fact that he has come out with such a useless, meaningless statement is no surprise.

What is slightly worrying though, is that it makes my city a bit of a laughing-stock - and I am not happy about that!

John
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Fear not, Trump will be the laughing stock after tonight's show:

Trump: Is the President a sex pest? - Panorama

Monday 9th, July, 8:30pm - 9:00pm

Read more at https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide#Yc2DFT4EAMYjbVix.99

RobPN
Seasoned Pro

@jab1 wrote:

Apart from the fact that I didn't know who my Lord Mayor is (and don't really care), his appearance on that photo in the linked article makes him look slightly 'strange', ...

Slightly OT,I noticed Sajid Javid looked slightly strange for a split second on last nights ITV news ...

vlcsnap-2018-07-09-19h26m44s242.png

(In case you're wondering, he was walking down some steps with a copper wearing a flat cap following him)

jab1
All Star

Having now read a very long (and in places depressing) thread on our local forum, I now think the said gentleman is a grandstanding individual, due about as much respect as the buffoon who is currently my representative in Westminster.

John
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@RobPN wrote:

@jab1 wrote:

Apart from the fact that I didn't know who my Lord Mayor is (and don't really care), his appearance on that photo in the linked article makes him look slightly 'strange', ...

Slightly OT,I noticed Sajid Javid looked slightly strange for a split second on last nights ITV news ...

Only slightly strange?! I thought he looked quite good and had even lost a little weight considering his normal daily role

b2e010857563d424052fce16f19317b07215e842_hq.gif

Luzern
Seasoned Pro

I read a bus blog, whose owner is often on about the failures of the Sheffield Bus Partnership. Has the mayor had his fingers or fist or other organs in that, assuming it's as bad as the blogger suggests? If yes, I pity you.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.