Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNESCO Report - I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

UNESCO Report - I don't know whether to laugh or cry

http://www.uncclearn.org/sites/default/files/inventory/unesco01_0.pdf
The report Education for Sustainable Development in the UK 2010 noted that there were signs of  substantial progress in embedding ESD-related policies and developing practices in the UK across a wide range of  sectors in 2008 and 2009. For example, documents in 2009 highlighted the ‘Sustainable Schools’ project that aims to empower youth to cope with the future challenges facing the planet. The aim is for all schools to be ‘Sustainable Schools’ by 2020.
Following the change of  government in 2010, the focus on ESD has been replaced by CCE as part of  an overall strategy towards a low carbon society. CCE is addressed in a number of  strategic reports produced by the government departments responsible for education as well as climate change. This seems to have shifted the educational approach more towards science, technology, engineering, mathematics, innovation and management competencies.
I may be misreading this but it appears that they don't think that "science, technology, engineering, mathematics, innovation and management competencies" is a good idea
1 REPLY
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: UNESCO Report - I don't know whether to laugh or cry

its saying that they were pushing for environmental sustainability and appeared to be getting somewhere in the past but the current planning is focus on creating the problem then managing it whilst investigating how to fix it, the esd approach removes the problem before it begins the cce approach focuses on the mumbo jumbo about carbon capture and climatic change whilst totally ignoring the impact of deforestation and chemical pollution of the land /water as being the drivers that cause the change instead focusing on airborne particulates as the be all and end all of it .....

so your not misreading it just missing the obscure way they are making the point .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you