cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKIP

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

UKIP

So.. it turns out that Mr Nigel Farage's wife is GERMAN!!!!
You couldn't make it up .. could you?  Crazy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2610639/So-Nigel-Farage-job-German-wife-taking-Ukip-leader-c...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
74 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: UKIP

Quote by: danny123
The media and the political elite are getting desperate. This poster campaign is truthful and hard-hitting!

Watt I agree with 100%
And no I am not racist in any way, it is an open secret that I am going to vote for UKIP in May, we need to get out of the EU
[Edit]
My long term partner of over 30 years Angela is Half-caste
I am shocked to read on wikipedia that Half-caste is now clast as racist.  Shocked
So if you are mixed race you can not call your self Half-caste, what my partner Angela does.
what world are we living in?
The insane have taken over the asylum.
Fixes: 47

I watched him squirm under interrogation from Nick Robinson here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/correspondents/nickrobinson/
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

As Nigel Farage says he is anti EU not anti European.
The Mail is clutching at straws if it can't see the difference between EU workers taking UK jobs and Farages wife taking a job.
No matter what her nationality is.
Devonian
Grafter

I thought all this nonsense over his wife was dealt with a couple of years ago!
People with ulterior motives like making a big noise when people mention EU and the madness witihin.
Wanting to leave the EU is in no way racist.  It is sensible thinking, that fat cats, MP's and luvies just hate.
The posters aren't even in the slightest way racist.  Do people even understand the word racist any more?
I was accused of being racist on this very forum for using a word I promised not to use here again, because a couple of idiots decided it was racist... all normal minded people know it is not the case, just people who have an agenda that do not.
Cameron, and the other 2 idiots are terrified, because they know that finally the average person in the street is waking up to the utter madness that the EU brings, and unless Ukip are voted for, we the people, will NEVER get our say, even though we are the electorate.
Like it or not, the way we have been shoe horned into the EU is oppression.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

And I am another one who is going to vote UKIP.
A Number of things he says I do not agree with but he is very clear about what he says unlike most other politicians who just ramble on and avoid the question asked.
The Tory party need a good kick up the backside and should UKIP get a lot of votes it may be the very thing the government need because they are clearly not listening to what
the average person considers important. Equally the message has still not got over to them about expenses, irresponsible behaviour and spending money on things we need rather than wasting it on numerous other non essentials.
UKIP will never get a majority of MPs but look at the damage the Liberals have done by holding the balance of power and if all UKIP ever achieved getting us out of the EU would be sufficient for me.
Oddly enough I Have not voted for years and have never been a member of any political party but as stated will be voting in next months elections and again in 2015 for UKIP 
Devonian
Grafter

This is the thing.
People might not agree with everything Ukip stand for, but generally Farage is honest and blunt with the truth.
Can the same be said for the other parties?
Cameron PROMISED am EU referendum at the last general election, he has refused to give it, saying IF I win the next general election... really?  I think we have heard that before...
And look at all of the dirty on the Lib Dems, the Tories, and Labour.... dozens of people from each of the parties...  ye they keep all that as quiet as possible, even the majority of the papers do.
When 1 person, yes 1 PERSON does or says something stupid, Ukip are hung out for it.
Running scared, as said before.
Ukip get my vote, simply because every word out of the mouthes of the other 3 parties are lies, half truths and spun nonsense.
Ukip are far from perfect, but at least they are trying!
nadger
Rising Star

Farage reminds me of a lizard  Wink
Certainly won't be voting UKIP and hope we stay in EU at least until I'm physically unable to shop in Calais and Adinkerke and bring back what we want  Smiley
Community Veteran

Most peoples reasons for planning to vote for UKIP is to give the sack of rats a good shake.
And it's working. Look at all the scurrying around Westminster.
As already said in a general they may only need to replace the fading Libs in third place to have the possibility of a coalition spot.
I bet come the next general the Conservatives and Labour will be banging heads as usual but both will be cosying up to Farage,
WTF
Grafter

Quote from: Devonian
Wanting to leave the EU is in no way racist

Indeed - it's just totally wrong headed.  The problem, however is that many of the people who support UKIP - and their fellow travellers, the EDF, NF and so on - ARE racist.  Even the tories appeal to race hate - think Lynton Cosby's 'dog whistle' in 1995.  He's running the Tory campaign this time so doubtless the dog whistle will be brought out again.
As for Farage: he's not a man of the people - his background's as privileged as Cameron's - and he's certainly not truthful: look at fact check sites and you'll see that virtually everything he says is either a flat out lie or a gross distortion.
The truth is that leaving the EU would be economic insanity.  It's a very handy scape goat for national politicians who all delight in piling blame upon it and for politicians who want to whip up support among the hard of thinking, but the truth is isolating Britain from the world's biggest market - in a world which is increasing polarised into trading blocks - is always going to be absolute madness.
Free Trade isn't going to save us: it's 20 years since the world last successfully negotiated a WTO agreement.  The only movement on Free Trade has been between trading blocks - think the current EU/US negotiations.  A tiny non-entity like the UK, without the EU to back us, would be everybody's whipping boy.  If you don't believe the UK needs the EU in trade deals, take a look at why the WTO discussions have been failing: the west has been trying to bully the developing world who grouped together to resist them.  You really thing the UK would be able to protect it's interests against the EU, US, China, India etc?  We wouldn't get a word in.
Also, it's not like anyone likes us: there are only 22 countries left in the world that we haven't invaded at one time or another.  Not exactly a way to make friends and influence people.  Even the American's don't really like us - there's a reason Brits are always the baddies in Hollywood movies.
Community Veteran

I have no doubt UKIP will do well in the European elections but this will not translate into seats at a General Election. You only have to look at the Lib-Dems over the years to see this point. The Lib-Dems always did well at local elections but never made the breakthrough at general elections.
Community Veteran

But you miss the important bit..........when the EU was first set up starting with the three Benelux countries it was just to do with trade but as it expanded politics entered the scene.
If it has stayed purely as a Common market with countries trading goods then there would have been few problems and it would certainly have been of benefit to those involved, unfortunately unelected people on high salaries have made good careers out of the EU and appear accountable to nobody indeed the financial audits have never been signed off as so much money is unaccounted for.
One rule can never be made to apply to all countries even in America where the states are united each state has various laws that do not apply to other parts, for example alcohol is banned in some states, guns are banned in some states, the death penalty applies in other states so if America has to allow this flexibility it is impossible to expect a united Europe with all member countries having the same laws.
So yes if we had a true common market which just dealt with goods and respected the laws of it's members then I agree we would be better in but as stated that's not what we have ended up with and whilst I cannot provide proof of this I suspect those people who started the EU never envisaged it would end up the dogs dinner that it has become and hated by millions throughout the EU
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
I have no doubt UKIP will do well in the European elections but this will not translate into seats at a General Election. You only have to look at the Lib-Dems over the years to see this point. The Lib-Dems always did well at local elections but never made the breakthrough at general elections.

The lib-dems never needed to make a break through, just hold the balance of power.
All I can say about the Lib-dems is they are finished as a party, I doubt they will ever hold the balance of power again and are likely to lose a fair number of their deposits.
Devonian
Grafter

Well said Gleneagles.
Regards the LibDems, they have shown their real colours since the coalition.
If anybody vote LibDem after their lies and scandal, well then there is no hope for us!
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: Devonian
Ukip get my vote, simply because every word out of the mouthes of the other 3 parties are lies, half truths and spun nonsense.

That really is the only half sensible thing you’ve written about this, I can understand a wish to find a ‘none of the above’ vote but, believe me, this poisonous little bunch aren’t it. Now, let me think, will I be swallowing their casual racist approach.....neh