cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK's most-wanted tax fugitives

GrahamC
Grafter

UK's most-wanted tax fugitives

For some, it seems, crime does pay, it just depends on who and how much....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/aug/16/uk-most-wanted-tax-dodgers-published
The article raises more questions as to why most of them have been processed by the judicial system and have still been able to abscond. This being in stark contrast to a London looter last year receiving an 18 month sentence and shipped off to jail following the court appearance.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: UK's most-wanted tax fugitives

I Think you should have put a warning with this post..............' If you have High Blood Pressure or easily get annoyed do not use this link'    Wink
Community Veteran

Where it is possible to see dates of conviction these cases go back a good few years.  Non are current convictions.  Maybe HMRC are getting desperate Wink
zedingrove
Grafter

Nasser Ahmed, 40, was sentenced to six years at Bristol crown court in 2005 for his part in VAT fraud worth £156m, but fled before verdicts were given and is thought to be in Pakistan or Dubai. He was convicted and sentenced in his absence.

I have a pal whom after 4 years of dodging Inland Revenue is now paying it back behind bars, thing is he is of West Indian parentage so was remanded in custody.... How much £250,000
He got 4 years without parole.
Think he might loose the plot if I send him the articleHuh?