Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK present state we're in and Populism Anarchism

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

UK present state we're in and Populism Anarchism

I admit some of my views are odd ball to some.

In all the discussion over a certain five letter word democracy is parroted, but that desired democracy seems very unlike a representative one, which by the constitution we have.

Instead, populist ideals are in the ascendant, the people thinking it's something they create, but do not realise it has to have some leader(s) behind it. Its seeming opposite is anarchism, that in theory puts no one in charge, but can that be true? i doubt it.

One from the right, the other from the left, seemingly diametrically opposed, I'd say have very very much in common, and once the desired revolution, driven by hoi polloi, peaceful or not, is over, they will be replaced by a harsh dictatorship led by the real manipulators of the two isms.

That is where I believe we head, unless we get to a more consensual position, absent of assumption that, for one instance, the news one reads determines categorically their politics, their vote in a referendum and so on. There is no, " four legs good; four legs bad", only compromise and co-operation, otherwise we head for a disaster for real freedom.

Rant stupid or not is over. Chew on, or vomit out, as you wish.Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
9 REPLIES 9
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Re: UK present state we're in and Populism Anarchism

Has this not happened throughout history ?

Left or right there will always be someone in charge and no doubt living much better than the people they claim to represent.

A balance can never be maintained for any length of time and like you I fear it is going in the direction you indicate.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Luzern wrote:

I admit some of my views are odd ball to some.

In all the discussion over a certain five letter word ...

@Luzern 

?  You lost me with your opening sentence.   Huh

Luzern
Hero

@Luzern 

?  You lost me with your opening sentence.   Huh

@RobPN  Is it the five letter word that troubles you- one too many, eh?Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Luzern 

If you have not already, can I suggest that when you get time watch the short BBC series of Years and Years 

A real treat for those like ourselves that worry about where the world is going and so good, I've seen it twice! 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
RobPN
Hero

@Luzern wrote:

@Luzern 

Point taken, but it is the five letter word which has me stumped.  Any chance of a clue?  Perhaps start with the first letter as in "I spy with my little eye ... "?  Wink

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

I spy with my little eye.... Boris.

Ah no, that would be his next door neighbour doing the spying!

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
RobPN
Hero

I'm waiting for an official clue, I have my suspicions and doubts ...  Roll_eyes

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Ahhh! The liberals fear their safe little world is collapsing and the proletariat /  peasants are taking over, all because of that five ( 6 ) letter word beginning with B that is so abhorrent to them that it burns their sensitive virtue signalling lips to say it. History tells us that there is no such thing as the status quo. The only certain thing about life is change...

Unlike USA and most other countries the UK does not have a written constitution - it still suits our politicians not to have anything in writing that can be used against them, they prefer to make it up as they go along.

Luzern
Hero

@RobPN wrote:

@Luzern wrote:

@Luzern 

Point taken, but it is the five letter word which has me stumped.  Any chance of a clue?  Perhaps start with the first letter as in "I spy with my little eye ... "?  Wink

@RobPN  Sorry! Having only five digits on one hand, I forgot to use the other to add one more, It's a six letter word.Embarrassed