Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Defence :(

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

UK Defence :(

Definitely look like there has been one cut too many Sad

The Royal Navy in its current form is unable to protect Britain's new aircraft carriers  ,https://www.forces.net/news/royal-navys-ability-protect-new-aircraft-carriers-doubt

maritime surveillance ! Eight US aircraft, as well as planes from Germany, France, Norway and Canada, were temporarily deployed to RAF Lossiemouth   because we dont  have any yet Sad  https://www.forces.net/news/uk-accused-hollowing-out-defence-capability

Para,s and Marines to merge to save money Sad https://www.forces.net/news/army/reports-unacceptable-plans-merge-paras-and-marines

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 31

Re: UK Defence :(

@rongtw - Maybe we can buy some of those F-52s the Americans appear to have, well they had one at least as Donald Trump managed to sell it to Norway!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

There is less money for Defence, Health service, Police, Education and just about everything else so where is the (censored) money going to ?

No need to answer that question as I guess most of us have similar answers to that question.

It's about time the government got it's priorities in order and dealt with the essential things first.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I still don't understand the logic of crushing the Nimrod fleet when the MOD didn't have a replacement available and operational. I guess someone deserves a Knighthood for that decision.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

gleneagles wrote:

There is less money for Defence, Health service, Police, Education and just about everything else so where is the (censored) money going to ?

Good job they can't take it with them!! That's all I have to say.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

AlaricAdair wrote:

I still don't understand the logic of crushing the Nimrod fleet when the MOD didn't have a replacement available and operational. I guess someone deserves a Knighthood for that decision.

Same with the illustrious class carriers.. and the (sea) harriers that we had. I don't understand [-Censored-] they were thinking scrapping that lot when they should have been mothballed just in case we needed them. Look what happened in Syria. When Bosnia went belly up we sent in our lot to sort it out and keep the peace. Syria has gone down the same road and we've had nothing to go in there with. David Cameron is as bad as Tony Blair. The pair of them should be tried for treason.

About 20 years ago I remember reading in one of the sunday papers that we had an entire airfield full of mothballed Tornado fighters - the photo showed hundreds of these things all sitting there gathering rust. I suspect they're dog food tins now too.

Yes I understand that Mothballing stuff means keeping it laying round taking up storage space etc but when the dirt hits the fan and you need it, you've got it. Cameron couldn't see the wood for the trees and then starts making bold statements like "It's time for Assad to go"... LOL.. you and who's army pal?

I've made it clear many times that I do not like armed forces or the fact that they are trained killers but I do recognise that for the protection of humanity we do need them. In Syria the united kingdom let down the world. We could once be relied on to show the world high levels of decency in defending life. Now we're a laughing stock having let Russia go and deal with it.

On the russian issue, what annoys me is how they annexed the crimea without a shot being fired but they couldn't go into Syria and do the same thing? Pathetic.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

At the other end of the scale politicians cancelling successful UK defence projects like the TSR2 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXcd-881xA ) at the last moment. Then ending up buying foreign.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

I was going to post this, under a new thread...

"Wanna buy a German Car for £4million? "

Well, the MOD do... and they want to buy 800 of them ! !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/904111/mod-order-german-armoured-vehicles-uk-jobs-at-risk

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Next week - MOD buys up 10,000 bows and arrows...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@AlaricAdair  i agree TSR2 would have been a world beater if it wasn't for Politicians ,,years ahead of its time

And there is a lovely example at RAF Cosford museumTSR2.jpg

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .