cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Citizenship Test

annerimmington
Grafter

UK Citizenship Test

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test
Anyone who watched Make Bradford British on C4 last night would have seen great emphasis placed on the citizenship test.....................most failed miserably.     Have just done the test and I scored a pathetic 11/24 - 46% and am not eligible for UK citizenship (you have to score 75% and over to pass)  Roll eyes     Ridiculously hard test, how many people born in this country would know the percertage of Scottish people, let alone those from overseas applying for citizenship!      
Have a go folks and let`s see who scores the highest (am thinking I may win the prize for the lowest score)  Embarrassed
35 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: UK Citizenship Test

58% just packing my bags.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@Petlew, I'm ahead of you in the queue,50%  (12/24)
Community Veteran

I have been rejected.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well, if Scotland gains independence I'm in grave danger of being deported back there. (40%!)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I'm joining you on the way out - 50%.  Sad
Small wonder I noticed all the nationality test coaching books in WH Smith the other day...
Not young enough to know everything
community
Grafter

I believe that the GSCE exams are structured in a way that you only have to get 33% in order to get a  so-called 'pass' and that alongside a much easier question paper.
in which case I failed  these ridiculous examination  questions and take great joy at reading how the previous contributors to this thread got no less than 50%!!!
Congratulations to you...I believe you will eventually become worthy citizens of our land.
BTW, my schooling was taken in the 1940's at a Grammar School and I  left with 10 credit subjects, when standards were very much higher in education than is the case today.
These questions are ridiculous and by asking them of prospective immigrants, we would lose many decent guests/new citizens to our heritage.
Community Veteran

Any room on the bus?  50% for me Embarrassed
James
Grafter

42% for me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

50% - rejected  Embarrassed
randpwar
Grafter

I’ve lived in England all my life as did my parents (Mum’s never been out of it!), grandparents and their parents; I speak English with a local accent, support England at Cricket and Rugby (in particular) and British sportspeople (Yep, I really do want Murray to beat Federer  Smiley)….I’m British....... Fail…..50%  Embarrassed.........Do you think those nice people in Jordan would have me  Wink

itsme
Grafter

58% but one question was a bit pedantic. How many Bank Holidays in the UK? Answer is 4. How many like me put 8 as that is the number of public holidays the UK have.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Its no good wriggling itsme, the bus leaves in five minutes...be there!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
itsme
Grafter

Well in the government is prepared to pay for me to leave it would save me some money.  Cool
nadger
Rising Star

I've been alive for part of the reign of every monarch who's been on throne during past 100 years and know I'd fail so won't bother.