Did you mean: 

Tyre'd

198kHz
All Star
Fixes: 9

Re: Tyre'd

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Anyone else use www.blackcircles.com ?

Yes, for the first time last August - highly recommended.
Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Yes - they use one of the best fitters around here
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: alanb
How do you wear out your tyres that quick Petlew?

I've no idea alamb. I don't rally drive round the streets or accelerate excessively, nor leave braking to the last moment. In fact I would say I was quite a conservative driver nowadays (haven't always been though) with age come tolerance and a wish for comfort rather than anything else. I suppose my job as a professional driver that acknowledges that nice and easy will get you there seconds only later than the boy racer helps.
But, to answer your question though; given the above I must put it down to the tyres themselves I suppose. The car (1.8 Toyota Avensis) is front wheel drive auto, but I don't see what difference that may mean. As it happens I had Pirelli P6000's on the previous car 2.0 auto Mondeo and they wore quicker than the earlier Goodyears.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 81

Dunlop SP Sport as fitted to my car by Challenger on 12th July 2010 £60.44 each fully fitted. Now £66.42 fitted.
Same tyres priced at Blackcircles.com today £73.16 each fully fitted.
Must be the price of rubber.
Having said that there looks to be at least 12 months of tread left.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Denzil
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
F1 tyres break all the laws of Physics
With perfect traction it is said to be impossible to get more than 1G in acceleration or breaking,  I think drag cars approach 5G

If we are talking about pure friction, then yes, the maximum is 1G. Real tyres run on textured roads, though, so you get a certain amount of mechanical grip as well. Dragster tyres are different again. They are made from a special compound that becomes sticky as it heats up, so the tyres are literally glued to the track.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

He warns: “The UK is to brace itself for well below average temperatures and widespread heavy snowfall throughout winter 2011/2012 which will result in the fourth bad winter in succession, and will prove to be the worst of them all.
“I fully expect records to be broken, with the Highlands of Scotland being once again particularly hard hit. It is vital to start preparing now.”
/quote

From Jim`s linky above....
Did this weather forecaster also pass this info on to the British Gas and other Utility companies, so they have a good winter ?  Undecided