Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical tories..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Typical tories..

Quote from: nanotm
ahh but it was a democratic process

What.. when no other party stood a chance?
Quote from: PeterLoftus
nanotm is right, get involved in running the country and stop complaining.

I just told you... my local MP does not have a surgery where he deals with his constituents. Can you really not accept that? - How else would you like me to get involved?
I think you're the one complaining quite frankly and it's because you don't like hearing about the real issues that are going on.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: nanotm
you are like Farage and co, constantly complaining about the status quo yet ensuring it never changes because you (and millions like you) do nothing other than whine and sign petitions on random unknown websites....
What is wrong with petitions then? The government agreed to releasing hillsborough documents after one successful petition.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
nadger
Rising Star

I was brought up on " If you can't be bothered voting you don't have right to complain" so for the 59 years since I got the vote, at 21, I've voted in every General Election.
Not always been happy with the result but hope I'm around to vote in 5 years time  Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I think it is unfair to have a dig at 7up because he chooses not to vote. He feels like it's all rigged. In Scotland during the independence referendum just about everyone voted, biggest turnout in any election in history. People who never voted in their life signed up to vote. Did we get independence? did we hell lol
As for the tories I've never voted for them in my life and what do I get? the tories.  I will keep on voting though as it is my ' right ' 7up it's also yours ( just saying )
nadger
Rising Star

My mother would have been 30 before she had right to vote so it was a respected right instilled into me from early age.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

And I've never voted for ukip mep's but that's all we have had for the last 20 year's, democracy is following the will of the majority, in this case it's the majority of districts that voted for the tories, but of course you will never vote for the side that wins a general election if you vote for the local protest party who by their very nature cannot win enough seats to be anything more than a noise in the background...
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Steve
Seasoned Pro

As you can see in my reply #33 I've never got what I voted neither but I will keep on voting because it's better to vote than to not imho but that is just me and certainly not a dig at those who chose to abstain. @nadger I'm sure you will be around in 5 years  Smiley 7up will you vote in the E.U ref? I think you should it wont come around again in your lifetime perhaps.
nanotm
Pro

Indeed it was voter apathy that allowed crony bliar and co to win their last two terms in office....and look at what a disaster that caused for the nation as a whole....
Community Veteran

@M Steve. I've got a better idea, why don't you and 7up stick to social media and electronic polls and leave the running of the country to the grown ups.  Grin
I've got a snailmail from my Conservative MP this morning on fracking which I need to answer. Nice to see he's working during the parliamentary recess.  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: M
There is a petition demanding Mr Smith's resignation although it will probably fall on deaf ears you can sign it here, might make you feel a bit better http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/386/241/736/

signed.
Also it winds me up when people claim FPTP is democratic.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: PeterLoftus
@M Steve. I've got a better idea, why don't you and 7up stick to social media and electronic polls and leave the running of the country to the grown ups.  Grin
Don't worry peter I will keep on not voting your lot, your all wiped out up here bar one who is clinging on he will be gone next year  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Peter,
Grow up.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

But do away with the voting system and what is left ?
Put another way what is the alternative, look at some of these countries where some powerful guy disagrees with the result and gets a bunch of armed men to drive around the place and kill those who will not join him ?
Of course there are major flaws in our, 'Democratic system' and there may be better systems than ours such as Sweden but that is simply a matter of opinion.
By not voting you are in a way voting by saying I do not support any of you but a non vote may allow some fringe group to get their foot in the door,
you may think this could never happen but Labour and the bookies never thought Corbyn would stand a chance, too late for them to do much about it now.
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: chrcoluk
Quote from: M
There is a petition demanding Mr Smith's resignation although it will probably fall on deaf ears you can sign it here, might make you feel a bit better http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/386/241/736/

signed.
Also it winds me up when people claim FPTP is democratic.
what's undemocratic about it? The entire country gets to vote for which party they want locally, the largest party then has the right to rule, that is the very definition of democratic, of course to make it truly a proportional representation then only parties that field a candidate in every seat should be allowed to stand for national parliament.
Other systems are no better, indeed many are much worse
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: gleneagles
But do away with the voting system and what is left ?

A jury duty style system where people are chosen at random (with suitable background checks made to make sure they don't launch all nukes or something) so the people serve the people, for the people, rather than a bunch of Etonian Oxbridge suits who are more interested in bolstering profits than keeping the country flowing... Cool