Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical tories..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Typical tories..

Quote from: nanotm
Even with consent they could not release details of actions taken or reasons why it was necessary to do so without a court order compelling the release in a publication due to DPA rules.

They can if that consent explicitly states that they can.
I must say thank you here nanotm.. I notice you took time to break your post down into paragraphs, use capital letters, full stops etc. It made your post so much easier to understand!
I had to look twice just to be sure I wasn't seeing things  Cheesy
Next thing you know we'll be trading PMs  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

the problem when doing publications is that any change to the layout or any reprint to the entire document would need to be agreed to by every person who's story it contains, if it doesn't get that (even if your just fixing some layout or typo's in an unrelated area) then it legally cant be produced despite explicit consent from each individual for their material to be utilised for the purposes of the production, that makes the process difficult and lengthy and requires lots of legal fees for all the lawyers to be paid for on both sides, much simpler to just make it up and print it as required/
perhaps they should of made it clear that the document didn't contain real people's stories right from the outset in big bold letters for all the stupid people but having words like :"in the following illustrative scenario ;"Sarah found being sanctioned great as it gave her the impetus to get a job and stop relying on benefits" wasn't clear enough.
clearly it was made up well spun crud, there isn't a person alive who would put things in such a positive light despite the intimations of the people who dreamed up the idea as being the greatest motivator to betterment since sliced bread/
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

the problem when doing publications is that any change to the layout or any reprint to the entire document would need to be agreed to by every person who's story it contains, if it doesn't get that (even if your just fixing some layout or typo's in an unrelated area) then it legally cant be produced despite explicit consent from each individual for their material to be utilised for the purposes of the production, that makes the process difficult and lengthy and requires lots of legal fees for all the lawyers to be paid for on both sides, much simpler to just make it up and print it as required/

Except that the DWP claimed those were other customers real experiences... but just fake people / names on the leaflets (even though the people were obviously real for stock photos to be made).
What happened to your previously excellent grammer?
nanotm
Pro

half the time I don't use a pc so its not the same as when I do......
Community Veteran

Ahhh... now we're getting somewhere!
Why didn't you just say that previously when so many people commented about it? - You'd have saved yourself and many here a lot of frustration.
nanotm
Pro

well I seem to recall I did but since so much stuff happens I cant remember, stupid thing is that my phone auto corrects the spellings far better, the tablet does the formatting better and the pc is simpler to use, well until I figure out how to get the voice typing app working in which case they will all be great except I wont be doing the grammar or spellings Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

There is a petition demanding Mr Smith's resignation although it will probably fall on deaf ears you can sign it here, might make you feel a bit better http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/386/241/736/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

But if it isn't on the governments own petitioning site... just look how they tried to ignore the fuel price petition.
Democracy is dead.. except to the middle and upper classes.
nanotm
Pro

It's only dead to the pathetic individuals who fail to exercise their votes and refuse to engage with their MP's/ councillors regardless of how much good can be done.
I've contacted my MP on several matters in the last few years and despite not expecting much I have seen things change for the better in several areas.
But then I like millions of others have utilized the avenues available (even with people/parties I didn't vote for) to ask for help when necessary.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I suspect Mr Smith will be sticking to this story so makes the petition redundant anyway I would imagine  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34042587
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

It's only dead to the pathetic individuals who fail to exercise their votes and refuse to engage with their MP's/ councillors regardless of how much good can be done.

Oh flaming dear i really do get annoyed when people make stupid remarks like that. See I don't vote nanotm... if we had a voting system that wasn't rigged and MPs who actually gave a damn i would have more confidence in the system but as it turns out  a lot of the younger generations can't be bothered anymore because like me, they all see the system as rigged.
It's people like you who are pathetic for not being able to see it and move with the times.
I would think about seeing my local MP if he even had a surgery. Unfortunately he doesn't (he doesn't like people) and as he's just been exposed as a member of a certain cheating website I don't think he's much of one for giving a damn about anyone but himself.
And you think you can call people pathetic for seeing the world as it really is?
I think a mod needs to lock this before something starts..
Community Veteran

nanotm is right, get involved in running the country and stop complaining.
I have already met my new Conservative MP when he had a local surgery, so my views are well aired. In fact listening to him we agree on many things so i can trust him to represent me in Parliament.
What's wrong with that it's called democracy.  Cool 
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: 7up
Oh flaming dear i really do get annoyed when people make stupid remarks like that. See I don't vote nanotm... if we had a voting system that wasn't rigged and MPs who actually gave a damn i would have more confidence in the system but as it turns out  a lot of the younger generations can't be bothered anymore because like me, they all see the system as rigged.
It's people like you who are pathetic for not being able to see it and move with the times.
I would think about seeing my local MP if he even had a surgery. Unfortunately he doesn't (he doesn't like people) and as he's just been exposed as a member of a certain cheating website I don't think he's much of one for giving a damn about anyone but himself.
And you think you can call people pathetic for seeing the world as it really is?
I think a mod needs to lock this before something starts..

you don't get it do you?
change happens from within, if you desire to create change in anything you have to work from inside the system to ensure that it is enacted, you claim the vote is rigged by a bunch of self interested ne'er-do-well's (and in the case of a certain ex labour mp who's supporters were caught trying to rig the count before loosing you'd be right for sure) but not having taken part in demanding change (by casting your vote) you are like Farage and co, constantly complaining about the status quo yet ensuring it never changes because you (and millions like you) do nothing other than whine and sign petitions on random unknown websites....
like others I take an interest and cast my vote(s) I ensure that I am always registered and readily take part in jury service when required (even if its boring as hell most of the time) rather than shy away from things I make effort to effect change by working with and within the system available, I personally believe that the current electoral system is broadly fair, each district gets the representative that the majority vote for, the party with the most representatives gets the top jobs, and whilst various regions will never vote for the side that wins things change, the tories were voted in because they offer something nobody else does, many of those who voted for them don't agree with all of their policies and no doubt that is the case for all the parties and their voters.
UKIP required only a few hundred more votes in many districts to win seats, in some they needed a few thousand more and its a similar situation for the greens, but the question then has to be what would have happened had the millions who failed to exercise their voice through the ballot box had taken the 30 minutes out of their day to do so, would we have seen an even bigger victory for the blues or something totally different ?
given the leadership mandate of corbyn I suspect 1/3rd of the country would of voted for that labour party had they held the same ideas (renationalisation) at the last election, because that alone would of seen the vast majority worse off but sounds like such a great idea..... of course to do it he would have to leave the EU, borrow or print trillions and effectively plunge the country into third world status but his policy sounds great and its a neat con trick to enliven the masses with even if its all based on pie in the sky economics (much like the greens and they saw a huge upturn in votes nationally)
change can only come from within, so either you roll the dice or you have no right to cry about what happens (which you said yourself before when you proclaimed your abstention before the election)
as a side note, the only MP I've heard about from the Ashly Madison hack was the Edinburgh west MP Michel Thompson , so if you know of another listed please do enlighten us Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I voted for change, but same-old stick-in-the-mud party won... Roll eyes
So to quote Adam Savage, "I reject your reality and substitute my own"... Cool
nanotm
Pro

ahh but it was a democratic process, if you had truly wanted something different to happen you would have utilised social media to engender a different outcome getting all likeminded individuals to join you in voting within your district which might have meant a different outcome (and of course it might not since you don't know how they would vote)
I voted the same way I have done for years and for the first time I actually voted for the person that won in my district both at local and national level, but I'm certain that taking part in several local events to publicise why people should vote is what caused that change to happen, my area has traditionally been a safe seat for a different party although often has well below average turnout and for once that changed and we achieved the national average numbers taking part, lets hope a similar situation occurs to that of the Scottish referendum nationally when the EU referendum happens in 2017, who knows we may be able to change our situation for the betterment of the country (in spite of those who refuse to vote)