Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twittering on.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Twittering on.

Not exactly a member of the twitterati, although for what it's worth I do put out the occasional tweet - but here's the thing, and maybe fellow tweeters can help.

Over the past month a small envelope icon on the left hand side and from being blank, it is now showing alongside it in blue first a number 1 and now this week, a number 2.

So what's that all about?

Checked online and checked my settings but still no clue none the wiser. Tried clicking on it and it just tells me I once shared a link but the numbers are still there when I return to my home page. I had thought it meant somebody had sent me an email, but apparently not.

Any idea tweeters and if so, how do I clear it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Twittering on.

Usually indicates you have a Direct Message (or PM as it's called anywhere else). In your case you've got two.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@7up 

Thanks, and that would seem to be the case, but how do I access them as clicking on the icon only tells me I have shared a tweet.

All very confusing. 😃

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Are you on windows or a phone?

I have a hunch you're eiher seeing the number of retweets other people have put out or you're clicking the wrong icon.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

On Windows with the laptop and Android I think it is on my Kindle both of which show the same details on that icon. Not that concerned about missing anything, just a little irritated not knowing what it is and how to clear it. 

Like somebody phoning or knocking on your door and nothing there when you answer... not that either of those things happen!

Cheers.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Hopefully this explains it?

screenshot-1049