cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter

Fixes: 47

Twitter

I can get my head around most things but Twitter....it does my head in.
With so many applications available to enable keeping in touch, Twitter gets my thumbs down.
I just don't have the drive left to get to grips with it.
I know, people will say it's easy, well so is piloting a Space Shuttle once you know how.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Twitter

Well said that man Grin I'm told that I need to tweet, but why?
Apparently I understand there is a limit to the length of messages, or should that be tweets. That would affect some on here with their long posts Wink
Maybe an experienced twit can do an 'Idiots Guide' for us so we can see how it works and what the benefits are.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Maybe it's my age ('though I'm not that old, honest) but I simply don't get the point of Twitter in the least.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sadly some games I play require having access to it, e.g. they have an alert system that is pushed out from the game too twitter, so we can see important timed missions outwith the game.  Usually a rare resource used in game to build stuff.
Then there are the lazy game producers that rely on it and facebook for when the brown sticky stuff is hitting the fan, rather than making a forum post to let us know of network problems.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
TORPC
Grafter

@Gus
I broached a similar issue with PN earlier in the year & it was completely dismissed & I was left looking like a laughing stock, since they said that they use alternative streams for providing the information, & feedback in the forum wasn't one of them that they use (especially for alerting issues that affect their customers for BT maintenance that may cause disruption to the service) & was told to sign up to alternate streams
Why should we be forced because of lazy people / management ?Huh
Fixes: 125

Quote from: artmo
Maybe an experienced twit can do an 'Idiots Guide' for us so we can see how it works and what the benefits are.
Why bother Roll eyes
Quote from: w23
Maybe it's my age ('though I'm not that old, honest) but I simply don't get the point of Twitter in the least.
And Facebook.
There's been a few companies (can't remember which) that have made it clear that the only way to contact them for information/support is Twitter/Facebook - needless to say they didn't get my custom!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

@TORPC, I'm confused Undecided What issues are you referring to? Gus haven't mentioned PN.
TORPC
Grafter

@artmo
Whilst I appreciate & never stated the Gus mentioned PN
Please refer to
Quote from: Gus
<snip>
Then there are the lazy game producers that rely on it and facebook for when the brown sticky stuff is hitting the fan, rather than making a forum post to let us know of network problems.

then see
Quote from: TORPC
@Gus
I broached a similar issue with PN earlier in the year
<snip>
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Must admit i avoided twitter for a long time but i eventually decided to try it out and see what the fuss is about...
I now think it's one of those love / hate things. I love it.. you get some great people on there and i've exchanged tweets with a fair few celebs such as cathy newman, example (several times), a couple of tv weather people, a few news presenters, a politician etc etc.
It's handy because you can send them a quick message but not spam them senseless like email. Also it's easy to find these people unlike a email address - which many people or companies try to hide and not publish on their website.
You also get funny tweets go round which help to pass the time too.
I also hate it because its full of attention seekers posting stupid stuff like "retweet this to get more followers" etc. Who cares?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav
There's been a few companies (can't remember which) that have made it clear that the only way to contact them for information/support is Twitter/Facebook - needless to say they didn't get my custom!

One International organisation I deal with have an "employment contract policy" and a "contractors policy". that states (I paraphrase) "It is against company policy to have a social media account - failure to comply could result in  a termination of your services"
It is enforced...........
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
<snip>
I now think it's one of those love / hate things.
<snip>

Marmite anyone ?Huh
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
Marmite anyone ?Huh

Yes please. On toast preferred.
Fixes: 47

What a tasty topic change Wink
However I must warn you that deliberately taking a thread off topic is punishable by a fine of 1 jar of Marmite.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artmo
.. I'm told that I need to tweet, but why? ...

If you don't Twitter/Tweet you will limit the spread of your wisdom to only the PN forum stalwarts.  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
What a tasty topic change Wink
However I must warn you that deliberately taking a thread off topic is punishable by a fine of 1 jar of Marmite.

On it's way to you as I type Wink