cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitchv hacked again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Twitchv hacked again

We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some of your Twitch user account information, including possibly your Twitch username and associated email address, your password (which was cryptographically protected)

I had problem logging in last night and did a password reset then but a heads up as I just got this email from them
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Twitchv hacked again

Erm ?  wot is twitch... is it a bird watchers blog site ?  Huh
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

I got the same email. They were having massive problems last night with logins not working.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Same here, came through as I was playing GTA Online with some across the ponders, tried to get on the site to see what was what but it wouldn't load... Huh
Only ever used the site once to watch a live show that didn't happen (was done via youtube instead), so not really any concern of loss of personal data for me... Smiley
Quote from: shutter
Erm ?  wot is twitch... is it a bird watchers blog site ?  Huh

It's a video streaming service that allows people to do live broadcasts on the web, usually gaming related stuff streamed directly from the game itself (Minecraft does this for example), though some use it for live Q&A sessions or just live streams of a bunch of people sat on a sofa interacting with the audience...
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Erm ?   wot is twitch...

Watching NCIS and Ducky just said that. What is twitcher, no twitter was the reply.
So as Shutter said wot is twitch...

Thanks for the explanation twocvbloke.