cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying very hard...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Trying very hard...

not to watch The Voice, but SWMBO has got it on. A Filipino has just made a complete hash of a very nice song "Your Love Has Lifted Me Higher" that has been done by many, few better than Rita Coolidge. But none to my knowledge has torn it apart in the way this guy just did mostly in a different key to that that the band was playing..
However, the judging panel waxed lyrical over it, so perhaps its just me.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Trying very hard...

I gave up watching The Voice after seeing it just once - that was enough for me.
Razer
Grafter

I had to go to YouTube to find out who you were talking about. I've seen the guy before, he has a good voice, and the performance to which you refer was ok for what it was, though somewhat flat - i.e. it just didn't have the same punch as the original. It was much like listening to some performer of a well known song who is singing it some years later but who can no longer hit the notes they could once reach, and so they switch to a (usually lower) key, resulting in a very emotionally flat performance, or one that just doesn't satisfy. For those who'd like to see:

Fixes: 125

Quote from: artmo
I gave up watching The Voice after seeing it just once - that was enough for me.

Along with X-Factor, BGT, IACGMOOH and any other reality show...
Except, of course, Strictly Come Dancing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Not my sort of show either tbh. Just seeing a trailer with Jessie J and that Tom fella was enough to put me off lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Devonian
Grafter

Watch them all and love them Wink
Millions of us do you know Wink
Community Veteran

I hope  the lad hasn't given up his day job Wink
Fixes: 47

Never watched it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Also never watched it.
Did watch an "Arne Dahl" this evening. After the 'millennium trilogy' which I found good, 'the killing' long and drawn out, found 'Arne Dahl' to be disappointing.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Never watched it..... spend my time on Youtube, looking for "quality" singers from other coutries.... and enjoying their performances immensley, even if I don`t understand the language.  Smiley
Community Veteran

i didn't watch last night but caught a scene on the news today when a contestant disrupts a performance. Video here:
Egg on your face

Fixes: 125

Thanks for the link.
Having watched it wasn't all that eggciting. Cowell should have ducked more to avoid shelling out on a cleaning bill Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still