cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to disconnect

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Trying to disconnect

I had to get in first and highlight the BBC report of a USA customer of Comcast trying to cancel his Internet service. PlusNet could offer the same levels of customer friendliness. Not!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Trying to disconnect

x47c
Grafter

We in the UK are very mollycoddled by things like the unfair contracts acts and various other regulations such as trade descriptions acts that protect the consumer.
In the rest of the world its a free for all as the BBC link alludes to at the end.
There was an example from I think the states of a telecoms company charging some unbelievable contract termination fee.
In the UK it would not have been permitted - but out there is was, it was in the T&C's, it was in the contract consumers agreed to, so they had to pay.
Community Veteran

I listened to it this morning...talk about not taking no for an answer!
Community Veteran

Not quite sure how I managed to post this in the PN Feedback!
@ Mods - Could you merge this with http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129360.0.html ? Thanks Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

done
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: x47c
There was an example from I think the states of a telecoms company charging some unbelievable contract termination fee.
In the UK it would not have been permitted

Oh but it has been. BT introduced a cessation charge - approx £50 iirc. No doubt this will increase as they get hungrier for more profits.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yeah if you have the line disconnected its costs you an OR callout fee so someone can pull the line out of the exchange, what's strange is that if you don't use a MAC code when changing suppliers they can raise a connection charge as well effectively double billing for the one call out .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you