Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trump and dangerous idiot?

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

Trump and dangerous idiot?

Trump to withdraw from treaty with Russia within hours. That man terrifies me. You?

Gorbachev said of the decision with just a little Funny understatement'not the work of a great mind'.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
9 REPLIES
VileReynard
All Star
Fixes: 13

Re: Trump and dangerous idiot?

"May to withdraw from treaty with EU" - we've all got crazy leaders - but this USA/Russia thing is in a different league.

Just to make sure, Trump has also been making trouble with China.

At least North Korea's missile won't be heading vaguely in our direction - according to Trump.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

What's a treaty ? (other than a sweet)

The Treaty is nothing more than countries pretending to do something which the majority of the population consider is a good thing and peace is one step nearer.

A false delusion.

No country is ever going to risk putting it's security and freedom at risk by reducing it's ability to make and deliver weapons of mass destruction irrespective of how much most of us would want all countries to do so.

Have we not learned from the recent incidents in this country where Russia has killed people in Saulsbury with a substance only available from few countries in the world.....that's what they think of treaties.

A what is China up to ?

There is no way anyone can correctly monitor what is going on in countries like Russia, America, China etc.

We do not even know if Israel has nuclear weapons and that's a fairly small country compared to those mentioned above.

VileReynard
All Star

Consider two things:-

MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)?

An arms race must have a winner (because its a race)?

Which madness do you subscribe to?

A treaty is an agreement to come to a halt and allow for reductions in spending on bombs that can never be used.

We've managed to survive since the 1950's through treaty obligations - do you want to live through the cold war again?

Duck and Cover!

Community Veteran

I do not subscribe to any madness.

Most rational people want peace.

At the end of the last 2 world wars and the suffering caused it was agreed it must never happen again but we never learn and whilst there is not a world war there are many wars going on in various parts of the world.

The thing that has brough a sort of peace is that countries that have the capability of making and delivering nuclear weapons know that each side would suffer mass casualties in the event of such weapons being used but as more countries have these weapons the greater the chance that someone will start a war.

It is virtually impossible to prevent any country who have the money and knowledge to develop such weapons unless military intervention takes place by another country.

It strikes me as odd that those countries with nuclear weapons want to stop others from getting them whilst at the same time will always keep a number of such weapons themselves, do as I say rather than do as I do comes to mind.

History repeats itself so no matter what treaties we think we have they are just words on paper to reassure the public....they have never stopped wars before and they never will.

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

@gleneagles wrote:

I do not subscribe to any madness.

Most rational people want peace.

At the end of the last 2 world wars and the suffering caused it was agreed it must never happen again but we never learn and whilst there is not a world war there are many wars going on in various parts of the world.

History repeats itself so no matter what treaties we think we have they are just words on paper to reassure the public....they have never stopped wars before and they never will.

Well, ISTM we have  choices, to try and try by our volition and effort to achieve world peace, accept a world dictatorship or self-destruct by pushing those red buttons. The last two are most unpalatable.🤮

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

@Luzern

Indeed, we should try but sadly history is the best indicator of what the future holds and the same mistakes in respect of wars is repeated.

Agression is in the nature of most men that's what drives us on to achieve or create things but it comes with the added danger of each person or side convinced they are right and in some cases irrespective of the cost.

You are either with me or against me comes to mind.

VileReynard
All Star

"Those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it"

Community Veteran

@VileReynard

Exactly.

As Einstein said..' The definition of madness was to keep repeating the same thing despite getting the same result'

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 8

Albert Einstein:  "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Science relies on repeatable experiments giving the same results.