cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouser Accident

geewizz
Grafter

Trouser Accident

Everything was going fine today until a few minutes ago when I decided I should pop down to the bank and deposit a cheque. It's not urgent but I thought it would be a good idea to tick off another item on my "to do" list.
I changed my trousers, popped my wallet into my pocket, leaned down to put on my shoes and felt a little crack in my pants (so to speak). On investigation, I've discovered that my bank card is now in two pieces. With my bank card out of action, I'll have a lot more business to do at the bank to ensure that I can survive until the replacement card arrives.
Should I get a different wallet, a different pair of trousers or a different pair of shoes to avoid the same catastrophe happening again?
49 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Trouser Accident

Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
N/A

The only thing I could suggest with some authority in this situation is that you should get a new bank card.
HTH
James
Grafter

It's always fun to get new stuff though.
Although you would need to pay with cash.
randpwar
Grafter

I suggest a new bank  Wink; Lloyds cards seem to take a lot of sitting on without breaking
Rob
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how about slimming? Cool
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
The only thing I could suggest with some authority in this situation is that you should get a new bank card.
HTH

I'm glad I caught that post before I left the house. Saved me a double trip, thanks.
N/A

If the queue at your bank is as long as the queue at the bank I use, that could have saved you a couple of hours queuing
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
It's always fun to get new stuff though.
Although you would need to pay with cash.

Having left the bank, I popped into the local shop to get some milk and some eggs. I had a fiver on me and when I reached the till I saw some out-of-date trifle mix reduced to £1. Mistaking it for a packet of custard I made an impulse purchase. I paid for the goods and declined the offer of a carrier bag. I then left the shop and promptly dropped the carton of milk on the pavement outside. it split and emptied itself in an undignified white puddle.
As I was no distance from the shop, I put the empty carton into the bin outside and went back in to buy another 2 litres. It turned out that the change from my fiver was less than the cost of the new carton by 10p. AAAARGH! Sad
I'm home now and I won't be doing anything else today which has any risk attached to it.
N/A

If I had the luck you're having, I'd be scared to go for a pee...
geewizz
Grafter

Cheesy I'm quite likely to go for a pee, be relieved that I didn't have something terrible happen, forget todry my hands in the excitement and return to my PC where I get electrocuted by shorting out the keyboard.
Just for the record, I didn't sit on the card. I bent over with the card in my front pocket and the sheer firmness of my sixpack is what did the damage.
randpwar
Grafter

Ah sorry geewiz. I was basing things on personal experience as I always seem to go about with my wallet in my trouser back pocket. Anyway , as I was saying, no breakages so Lloyds cards must be quite resilient!
geewizz
Grafter

I usually have my wallet in my back pocket but I have been favouring the front in an attempt to train myself to be more secure with it. I'm moving away from these quiet, rural backroads in a couple of months. I hear that in England they have bad people who they call "criminals" and that carrying a wallet in your back pocket makes them excitable.
I'll have to move banks when I move house and your recommendation, based on the strength of the cards, is the most relevant factor I can think of when differentiating between financial institutions.
Community Veteran

and it's not even Friday, 13th Grin
On the good side, I recently asked Lloyds for a new card on a Sunday afternoon and got it on Tuesday so yo shouldn't have long to wait.
geewizz
Grafter

@artmo.
That's less than two business days! That really is impressive. I'm definitely liking what I'm hearing about Lloyds. Smiley