cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble on the internet

matmonty
Dabbler

Trouble on the internet

Is there trouble on the internet, I cannot get on any dot co dot uk sites at all and some dot com sites are not loading. Is anyone else having trouble. Angry
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Trouble on the internet

yep plusnet are having problems this morning, no service notice about it yet, but considering they cut night time support thats not going to happen.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
jay7son

I cant get psn or google page to load . theres other people moaning about dns not resolving  on other thread too.Tried ringing plusnet but recorded message that customer dervice isn't open until 7 30 am, I thought  we had 24 7 phone support?
Community Veteran

This is the new improved support that is not 24/7, they ditched night time support in July I think it was
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

it's been baffling me for hours now.  i thought it was my router because it claims it's not connected to the internet, yet i am watching videos on youtube.  i can stop faffing about now and wait for the internet to recover its composure.
jay7son

the reason I joined them and got friends to was because of their then good 24 7 support, maybe time to find someone else with good 24 7 support
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: matmonty
Is there trouble on the internet, I cannot get on any dot co dot uk sites at all and some dot com sites are not loading. Is anyone else having trouble. Angry

Yeah something somewhere has got all screwed up cos i'm suffering the same thing too.
Interestingly i couldn't even get on the plusnet forums for a while and had to use my phones 3G but then it came back and i could get on the forums without the phone so someone somewhere is doing something to something and affecting something... if that makes any sense...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jay7son

bing is working for me even though google isnt
harryramsden

I'm using 'Ask'. Seems to be giving better results than Bing. Can't get Google.com seems to always switch me to Google.co.uk
Community Veteran

That sounds a bit fishy Smiley Welcome to the forums.
No problem for me getting google.com It's my search engine of choice. At the bottom of the screen it gives my location which is currently in the UK and also a link to google.co.uk
google.com
Community Veteran

There appears to be a problem with connecting to the internet this morning. It has just been mentioned on the radio.
It seems .coms are working fine but not .co.uk which seem to have the problem.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: artmo

It seems .coms are working fine but not .co.uk which seem to have the problem.

I'm in America at the moment (Florida) and having the same problem connecting to co.uk sites, for my regular UK News catchup.
sandjwa1
Dabbler

Interesting:
.gov.uk - no
.police.uk - no
.ac.uk - yes
.net.uk - no
.co.uk - no
.org.uk - no
What is different about .ac.uk ?
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Definately UK
I tried BT.com which works but all the images get loaded from .uk and they fail.
Let's be careful out there !
Community Veteran

I wonder why Plusnet hasn't said anything about this problem Undecided It seems to have been occurring for a good few hours now.