Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trick or Treat

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Trick or Treat

It is tonight, isn't it?
I’ve  a few bars of chocolate available for the “local gang”, plus a bottle of wine, and few beers for the ‘accompanying adults’. Nobodies knocked yet.
Might start without them Roll eyes
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Trick or Treat

the doorbell has run three times, duly ignored.
thankfully it's raining...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Totally forgot about it.. door got knocked I answered to find a group of kids saying "Trick or treat". Whatever happened to the rest of it with "give us something nice to eat" ? Chavs these days eh?
Anyway being totally caught off guard and not having anything I froze completely on the spot before remembering I had some cans of fizz stashed away to keep my sweet tooth happy.. 1 for each of the little pests saw them going off happy.. at that point all the lights got turned off  Grin Good job too as within 15 minutes there street was flooded with about 30 kids  Shocked They've never bothered like that in previous years so I put the huge numbers down to two things:
1) Half term?
2) Recession.. kids are getting desperate for their sugar fix now rich mum and dad are skint due to their over stretched mortgage, multiple credit cards, banks not lending...
Nah seriously I didn't mind giving them the drinks.. just felt a bit stupid and guilty for not having anything better for them!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

I got something in for the kids but the rain has put a few off. About seven visits including my grandson.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I save my pennies & coppers given in change over the previous few months, and drop some of these into each bag.
They make a sound, clink together, and send the young child away happy.
Their little eyes light up when I pretend to count out some coppers !
I used to buy a big bag of sweets for £1, but these lasted several years !!
I hate to think how sticky these must have been by then.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I know someone that used to have a solid fuel heating stove in the kitchen. Halloween they'd have a line of old pennies on there getting warm (well OK dammed hot).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)