Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling man for a day

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Travelling man for a day

It's been quite a day! Out the house just after 9.15 this morning to pick up a grandson at Bristol TM station. Drove to place where I could park the car and get there quite early for bus to take me to Salisbury (16 miles) and then get train Bristol TM. It was all nicely timed for a leisurely snack before returning.! The transport god did not agree.

The previous bus to what I wanted passed by as I sat in my car. I walked to the stop for the one wanted. Stood and stood,them heard there was an accident on the A31. In end I had to drive nearly all the way, and catch the local P&R on Salisbury outskirts int to town for another bus to station. 

Of course I miss my train, and get to Bristol an hour late, so it's a quick dash to the facilities while my daughter buys some  take away and drink, and back within 15 minutes to the return train, two more buses, pick up car. Back home ten past four!!

"PHEW", says this 81er.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Travelling man for a day

Clearly you are taking the governments advice to keep active..

Smiley

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 208

A glorious adventure.
And home just in time for supper.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

gleneagles wrote:

Clearly you are taking the governments advice to keep active..

Smiley

Not sure about that @gleneagles Most of the day was sitting on my sera in car, bus or train

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13