Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance renewals

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Travel Insurance renewals

Okay, not had much chance to use it this year but just got the renewal come through. There are so many exclusions relating to Covid, Sars, Company / Airline failure or insolvency, failure to supply etc. I'm really beginning to wonder why I'm even bothering to have it in the first place.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Travel Insurance renewals

It’s a racket.

If you are going with a travel company on a package holiday they usually insist you have insurance cover.

If you are in the unfortunate position of having to make a claim they will examine every possible angle to try and get out of paying.

For example they need you to let them know about past and current medical problems, that seems fair but how far back do you need to go ?

I also wonder if all these people who have Botox and various surgical procedures to improve their body image realise these things may need to be declared depending on the company.

Even if you go on a coach tour in this country for a week or two they are recommending you need insurance....what’s that about ?

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Back Garden & Local Park for us at the moment.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@gleneagles wrote:

I also wonder if all these people who have Botox and various surgical procedures to improve their body image realise these things may need to be declared depending on the company.

As long as they think it improves their image.  Roll_eyes

Many of those with Botox and 'enhanced breasts' that I've seen on television and out and about generally have IMO disfigured themselves.

I was queuing in, of all places, a local fish & chip shop last year with a relative, and one of the girls serving behind the counter had such an exaggerated 'trout-pout' we weren't sure if she'd escaped from the fryer!  Cheesy

Even if you go on a coach tour in this country for a week or two they are recommending you need insurance....what’s that about ?

I could see the relevance of that if the coach tour starts in Scotland or Wales, destination England.  In the event of medication being required they'd have to pay for their prescriptions!  Funny