cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency of Plus Net

jah
Grafter

Transparency of Plus Net

A writeup by Kurt Dobbins from Arbor Networks of Plus Net's good work towards transparency and how it shines as an example to other ISP's.  Good work Plus Net.
http://asert.arbornetworks.com/2008/05/a-case-study-in-transparency/
12 REPLIES
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Transparency of Plus Net

I've been very impressed with the approach taken at Plusnet to appear transparent to its customers and to potential customers. It's very refreshing. I did have my doubts about whether it would come back and bite them but so far it appears to be working.
chino
Grafter

Even though i work for PN i am very chuffed and happy that i do work for them.
Yes we make mistakes and yes we do not always select the best option though we are honest about it and this could be our biggest downfall... sometimes we can be too honest  Embarrassed
Following on from Neil's plans for PN (http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/04/28/plusnets-plans-for-200809/) we have some very very big plans for this year and i just hope we can achieve just half of it!
Chino....
Community Veteran

Quote from: chino
Yes we make mistakes and yes we do not always select the best option though we are honest about it and this could be our biggest downfall... sometimes we can be too honest  Embarrassed
Chino....

nonsense.  it's your honesty and unfailing courtesy that keeps customers like me with you.  it takes strength of character to acknowledge one's mistakes.  integrity is a large part of why plus.net gets voted number one.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

To be honest I think that eventually the customer will settle for nothing less, and transparency will become the norm.  It's more difficult to get used to at the start as a company, but its obviously the right thing to do.  In todays increasingly informed society, if you hide things you will get found out, and people just don't accept that any more.
c.f. various agencies losing personal details, etc...
Gricey.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you mean this?
One final point: very many people who should know better use the Latin abbreviation
cf., which properly means `compare', merely to refer to published work. ...
www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/department/docs/punctuation/node28.html

or this
Cf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cf. is an abbreviation for the Latin word confer, meaning "compare" or "consult";
CF is an abbreviation for the Latin words coactus feci, meaning "done ...

or this
Cystic fibrosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cystic fibrosis (also known as CF, mucoviscoidosis, or mucoviscidosis) is a hereditary disease that affects mainly the exocrine (mucus) glands of the lungs, ...

pcoventry
Grafter

Like the rest of the team I enjoy every day at work. It's the first job I have had that I truely do enjoy getting up in the morning for. The recent package changes are awesome in my eyes and everyone welcomes changes like this.
I strongly believe on a personal level that everyone and everything should be as transparent as possible.
Fixes: 47

Do other ISP's have open days. Undecided  I don't recall hearing about any. Smiley

BTW Speaking of transparency.
Next time you have an open day and Neil takes a party round ask him NOT to lean on the window in networks. It scared the life out of me Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

I do that all the time Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: Gricey
In todays increasingly informed society, if you hide things you will get found out, and people just don't accept that any more.

Indeed, and pretty quickly too.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Fixes: 47

Quote from: Kelly
I do that all the time Smiley

You obviously don't suffer from Vertigo Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I think he is just proving how "transparent" the windows at PlusNet is  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Loombucket
Grafter

Quote from: chino

Don't worry - we all make mistakes, as the Dalek said, climbing off the dustbin....  Grin