Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a call

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Transfer a call

My brother who lives in a rather large house has asked me how to transfer a call to an internal phone.
If someone externally rings his number all the phones ring in the house - he is normally the first to pick up the phone.  He uses a corded phone and the calls that he wants to transfer goes to a cordless phone and different brand.
What would he need to do in order to transfer the call to the other phones?
I looked at various different sites on this and say - pick up and inform them of the transfer, press 'recall' then dial the number you want the call to transfer to.  What is the number of the other internal phone?
Thanks
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Transfer a call

Not sure, but I think BT were offering a service where different calls made different rings so the "right" person picked up the phone...  Wasn`t really interested in it at the time...cos I don`t get many phone calls... and there is only me and the missus in the house !...
Community Veteran

You can either install a PBX system in the house or use a set of DECT phones which support the call transfer.
There is no other easy way as far as I can remember.
The recall will only work with a PBX - there is no way for the external system to know which phone you want to transfer it to in your house as effectively they are all connected in parallel.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: shutter
Not sure, but I think BT were offering a service where different calls made different rings so the "right" person picked up the phone...  Wasn`t really interested in it at the time...cos I don`t get many phone calls... and there is only me and the missus in the house !...

You're referring to Call sign.
Edit: When we had three extensions years ago it was just a simple matter of replacing the receiver, calling out to whichever member of the family the call was for and they would then pick up the nearest to them.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes that`s the one !  Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I've found out that you can 'intercom' between dect handsets.
Does this mean all phones have to be the same brand and model?
Thanls
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav
When we had three extensions years ago it was just a simple matter of replacing the receiver, calling out to whichever member of the family the call was for and they would then pick up the nearest to them.

That feature has been or is being withdrawn because it has been used for fraud. People get called put the phone down. Ring "their bank" or "the police" to verify the caller's identity and are were still speaking to the fraudster.
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-courier-scam
Telecomms companies are updating exchanges so that when the person called hangs up the line is disconnected. Previously it required the caller to hang up before the line was released.
In future the person on the destination extension will have to pick up the phone before the extension that answered the call hangs up so the the call is not disconnected.