cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tragedy at Boston Marathon

Community Veteran

Tragedy at Boston Marathon

A bomb exploded this afternoon at the Boston Marathon.  3 people  are reported to have died with over 140 injured. At this stage the authorities are unable to say who is responsible.
Boston Marathon
A sad day for the city.
71 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Tragedy at Boston Marathon

Very sad day. Nobody has owned up yet, the usual suspects are quick to admit responsibility.
With a couple of high profile events scheduled for London this next week security will be at a high level.
Community Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised if this was survivalist nut jobs protesting about Obama's proposed changes in gun laws.
Community Veteran

Other unexploded devices have been found which will be useful to authorities in trying to identify the culprits.
Latest update:
Update
Fixes: 123

Save the remaining bombs and when the culprits are identified and found guilty place them in a sealed room and let the bombs off.
Yeah, I know, barbaric - but so was what they did!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

randpwar
Grafter

I understand the anger but that's why we have rules and justice to make us better than them
Fixes: 123

I was actually thinking more of a deterrent rather than anger/revenge.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Razer
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Other unexploded devices have been found which will be useful to authorities in trying to identify the culprits.
Latest update:
Update

From that article:
There were conflicting reports about whether unexploded devices were found after the two blasts.
According to U.S. Rep. Bill Keating of Massachusetts, there were two such devices that did not detonate. One was found near the bomb site at a hotel on Boylston Street; the other was found at an undisclosed location, said Keating, a member of the House Homeland Security committee. But a law enforcement official told CNN on Tuesday that no unexploded devices had been found.
Community Veteran

As I type Gov. Deval Patrick is announcing that 2 devices were found yesterday but no other devices have been found. 
randpwar
Grafter

Sorry artmo but is that 2 devices in addition to the two that exploded?
randpwar
Grafter

Just saw it on the beeb. No unexploded bombs were found
Razer
Grafter

This is really confusing to get conflicting messages from different sources. I shouldn't really be surprised with such events.
Community Veteran

@Randpwar. No, not as far as I understand it.  There is a briefing taking place at this moment so things may be clearer afterwards.
The FBI statement clarified that initially it was reported that in addition to the 2 devices mentioned there was a report that a further 7 devices were found. He clarified no other devices were found other than the two.
I guess organisers of the London Marathon will be keeping a close eye on developments.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

It's always the way with events like this, everyone is so desperate for info they end up reporting and re-reporting any old info they come across.
Was watching the coverage across various channels yesterday and Al Jazeera were about the best, being very careful on what/how they reported.
Razer
Grafter

And the two devices found are likely referring to the two that went off. No?
@Davey Yeah, good, old Chinese-whispers.