cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Recall

jmd
Grafter

Toyota Recall

Have just managed to find some information on the Toyota website about what cars could be affected by the recall because of accelerator pedal sticking.  If anyone interested it is
http://blog.toyota.co.uk/list-of-european-toyota-models-affected-by-recall
My Yaris is one of those affected.................... but it looks as if I have to wait for Toyota to decide what to do with problem before they inform customers.

17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Toyota Recall

They're recalling up to 1.8M cars in Europe of which 220,000 are in the UK.
Toyota
Community Veteran

A big PR  failure for such a high profile Japanese manufacturer.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

any thing the Japenese can do the Czech can do worse  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8489079.stm
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran

That's an interesting article Jim.  Toyota seem to have gone beyond their legal responsibility to the customer - it's just a pity they gave him another car with the same problem.  I wonder when they became aware of the problem.
johpal
Grafter

Toyota are not alone. Today I received a recorded delivery letter from Renault, recalling their Mark III Scénics, due to a steering defect. I no longer own the car; I trade 'em as soon as 3 years is up. I must have been lucky, but any new owner may be in for an unpleasant surprise!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

"The car in front is..........................................................Too far away to read the rest of the sticker Shocked  ...... !    Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

perhaps I should have put the quote in as you didnt seem to have read it
Peugeot follows Toyota in car recall
Peugeot 107
The Peugeot 107 is among cars being recalled by the French carmaker
Peugeot Citroen, Europe's second-biggest carmaker, is recalling some cars made with Toyota in Europe.

The Peugeot 107, Citroen C1 and the Aygo are essentially the same car with different styling and fittings.
jmd
Grafter

Well, I rang my dealer this morning but constantly engaged - so will try again on Monday. 
That story in Times does not make me feel very happy.
The odd thing is I took car in last April for a "sticking" windscreen wiper and got told  that it was under recall for a problem with adjustable steering column and I would have had a letter but I had not received any letter!  However they dealt with problem and gave me a free "Clean Car care Kit".  So I am concerned that I may not get a letter again.
I changed address but the dealers were supposed to record it on the system after I had it serviced at the new one in the previous October.  So this is why I want to get in touch with them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would go and make a "personal" visit to the Service Department, asking to speak to the Service Manager, if possible.... if not ask for the Service Foreman...
You could spend half a day re-dialling on the phone, and not get any joy !.
good luck  Wink
Community Veteran

In the US Toyota started recalling Toyota and Lexus cars in November 09 because the floor mats could cause the accelerator to stick.  They have recalled 4.2M to date.  This is seperate from 2.3M being recalled for the present problem.
Honda Jazz vehicles are also being recalled.
recall
Honda Recall
PGRGrandad
Grafter

I have owned a 54 reg Toyota Avensis, from new, and a couple of years ago it was subject to a recall for a steering problem, I called my dealer and they made an appointment for the very next day, fixed it while I waited and presented us with a bottle of champagne for our trouble.
I wonder if these millions of people will get a bottle, I suspect not, good as Toyota are at customer service.
Pete Smiley
jmd
Grafter

Well, I looked again on website a few days ago and it said you could register your details and they would contact you.  This I did and today had email telling me to checking my registration/vin on their website.  So again, I have done this and have completed a online form and apparently my chosen dealer will contact me to arrange appointment to do work.
Also, yesterday I received a letter from Toyota to say how sorry they were but my car was part of recall anfd they would contact me again to tell me when to contact dealer for modification[not sure whyb they have to send 2 letters].
So now I wait to see which happen first - another letter from Toyota or LS Copcutt ring me offering an appointment?
Lurker
Grafter

I guess the first letter is so that you know they are taking it seriously, part of this is getting in touch with you asap.
The next bit takes quite a bit longer presumably, since they need to have the parts available etc.
Waiting and only sending the second letter might have looked like they were a bit too relaxed.