Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tour Of Britain Stage 7

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Tour Of Britain Stage 7

Just watched the Braintree Sprint near the end of my road
Lots of Police bikes roaring up the road shutting it off, then the first two leaders  followed by another two before the peleton, the road blockers mover off , couldnt believe it a car came out of an unblocked side road about two mins or less before the peleton, managed to pursuade hime to pull off the road, just as the first outrider reached us followed by 90 plus bikes at over the speed limit
Thats what I call bad organisation
4 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Tour Of Britain Stage 7

Have to say that the Tour de France stages I've watched live have been very well organised - mind you they've got the experience and the powers to shut roads well in advance.
We've always enjoyed watching the caravan going past and my green hand is on wall upstairs.
Shame it's not live on TV as would have liked to see Butt Road again.
nadger
Rising Star

Decided to watch it on ITV4 at 7pm  Smiley
First thing I noticed was the number of vehicles actually parked on the roads and at one point they went past a skip lorry with hazard flashers.
In France the roads are closed, and clear of parked vehicles, when TdF is in town. Obviously there, cycling is much bigger and more heavily policed with a gendarme on every road junction.
Did notice 3 TdF riders but there were possibly some I didn't recognise.
Obviously I didn't really recognise much of Colchester but it was 55 years ago this month that I was demobbed.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did they show Colchester?, thought s7 was lousy editing, did not recognise much of Balingdon hill climb, and they went from there to Tiptree missed Halsted  and Braintree Sprint completely
nadger
Rising Star

They showed Colchester from near the zoo onwards.
I saw them going along Butt Road as barracks wall was on right hand side but then I was lost - t'was a long time ago since I was at REME workshops  Cry