Im glad to be wrong.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

The moment that made me smile was a reporter surveying a wrecked street. Turning to the smashed in front of Boots he solemnly reported drugs scattered on the floor and picked up an empty packet ....of Imodium!
Community Veteran

In that case, those people with brooms for sweeping up might need to go home and get shovel's ...
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
itsme
Grafter

Shovels are not needed if the Imodium work.  Smiley
Community Veteran

All credit to those that turned out to attempt to bring some normality back to the situation.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just been catching up a bit with the news and am appalled at what Is happening down there with the yobs, People being killed In hit and runs and all sorts now, Get the army In and tear gas and get them all caught and tried at court that's what I say, Big enough to do the crime? Big enough to do some time, Not fines, Community service, But time and punishment. Its absolutely taking the piss.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
matt_2k34
Grafter

No prison places tho Steve.
Unfortunately theres a small group of police who (rightly) charged at yobs in Mancs last night... Im guessing cries of brutality are now going to rife (even tho they had issued a statement to get off the streets)
Personally id like to see more of it, the [Censored] might think twice about their gangland culture, riding round on bikes causing a unrest and disruption. Sad thing is, someone will be defending themselves and will end up dead.
Im wondering, whats the "current" law on carrying say - an ASP whilst at work / home for the protection of assets ? -- i know it changed recently due to that gent. who shot a burglar and was "in the wrong

^^  Huh
Regards
Steve
Seasoned Pro

All the men and women who have built up a business for yobs to come and just cause mayhem and destruction at a very high cost, I would never of dreamed of doing that In my day and I'm not that old, I hear 30 and 40 year olds are now In on the act, Whatever next!!
198kHz
Hero
Fixes: 17

It'll be a long time changing, Steve. We now have a whole generation who have experienced no school discipline and no police presence on the streets.  Sad
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires an algorithm.
nadger
Rising Star

Ran into girl next door, in Tesco, and her husband, who's with the Met, got two hours sleep on police station floor last night.
He's stationed at Harrow but was in Brent and Brixton yesterday.
Seems that there'll be some large overtime payments due.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: 4C
It'll be a long time changing, Steve. We now have a whole generation who have experienced no school discipline and no police presence on the streets.   Sad
Well that's true, The secondary school I went to had  "Corporal punishment" and not long after I left school they banned the belt ;D, Damn  I thought, Why couldn't they do that when I was there! I only ever got the belt once, Its very easy to get In with the wrong crowd and my father was forever telling me of for friends I associated myself with, And If he knew I was on the streets thieving like what they are doing today... Well I already know NOT to go home cos he would come down on me like a ton of bricks, They have It to easy now and take liberties.
Thieving and being  thuggish and now even killing Is their  excuse because of poverty? I read that today and Its just utter garbage, My father wasn't well of, But he scraped by, Same as me today, I don't make much but I scrape by.
We appreciated the small things In life. And I still do, Everything else Is a Brucie bonus Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

Seems that there'll be some large overtime payments due.

Nah, more likely they'll give them the time in lieu.
who have experienced no school discipline and no police presence on the streets

As someone who went through the school system recently, i COMPLETELY agree. Anyone who was disrupted was actually REWARDED for finally doing something productive. With my peers this used to make my blood boil, then as soon as we became vocal about this, punishments were harsh and sharp  Shocked completely idiotic.
Unfortunately people dont respect the police, i think if people actually took the time and looked at the shit they have to deal with - then theyd have a different view.
We appreciated the small things In life. And I still do, Everything else Is a Brucie bonus

*pats jeans back pocket* ba-da-da-da-baba!
because of poverty

Yet they can all afford Blackberry's to get on BBM, and sportswear etc..
Regards
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Steve
had  "Corporal punishment" and not long after I left school they banned the belt

We had "Corporal punishment", biggest fear was not the punishment, it was my parents finding out :(,
(the punishment my parents 'dealt out' for being punished was far more severe than teachers ever could, I had to copy out a book from the 'old testament’’, seem to remember  Deuteronomy. Only happened once ::))
Community Veteran

The hard line adopted in London last night seems to have worked and I hope it continues to work tonight not only in London but elsewhere in the country.
Water cannon has now been approved for use if the Police need to deploy it.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just heard on the news that Scottish police have been called down south, Christ I'm sure there Is better things the police could be dealing with? This Is going to be a huge cost for UK . I didn't realise just how bad this whole thing Is.